Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK week 8

Options
  • 13-05-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

They are so mean to James, Debra should have gone. Mona proved herself last week in the sales task.

PC going slow hence no poll :(

I was going to have 5 options

Debra
    Mona (He was right)
    James
    Howard
    The other team should have lost

4 out of 10 and 7 out of 10 was way too high IMO

more like 1 out of 10 and maybe 2 out of 10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Debra should have been fired...what did she do??
    She could have done so much more, waiting for the team to come back.

They could have gone a bit more loud with the poster...more flamboyant! They had a great idea with no conviction. Howard should have gave more and told Debra to shut up.

She is not a team player, telling Howard that he can be sub team manager...wow, who died and made her queen!

I like James.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

I am loving "You're Fired"...Ben & Lorraine was hilarious!

But the best part of this one was Margerets face when the lads lifeted their shirts for the family photo shoot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

I do think Debra should have gone, but I'm just glad that both Howard and James are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

That horrible Debra one is still there ffs!! I thought her card would be marked after giving a bit of cheek to whatsisname (my mind's gone blank)last week. James is so funny....the disappointed face of him to miss the treat:D. Have to hand it to Kate, she did really well in her pitch..very professional...quare nasily voice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

That poster campaign was absolutely atrocious.. Looked like a collage made for a primary school project.. 1/10 for sure.. the other team deserved no more than 4/10 either... I'm surprised that no mention was made of Mona's abilities last week.. She was by far the strongest in the sales task.. Debra was responsible for those **** posters, she should have been fired.. The photos the Margate team took were grand, the posters themselves weren't...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

I completely agree - Debra really screwed things up and who did she think she was taking the decision on who would be boss. The other pair are wusses for not having a say in who would PM.
    Also, did she not completely screw up time management on her last PM task? I can't remember it exactly, but she seemed very nonchalant about not getting the leaflet finished. She should have been fired for that alone. Coupled with how she ignored the criticism of the "posters" from Howard - he basically told her they had too many words on them and they judging panels said the exact same thing.
    The other pair should have been smarter and stuck together. They could have had Debra fired no problem as all the failures were down to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

Definitely Debra should have gone. The flyer was a joke, and she was caught blatantly lying (by camera, by SAS and by the client). She also had her run-ins before and is not slow to bark at SAS or Nick or Margaret.

James is turning into a classic. "Codsh1t" LOL. I hope he makes it to the end, but I don't think he will win it. He could be the Male representative in the last three, the other two being Yasmina and Kate.

I agree with the above re: The Apprentice: You're fired - its brilliant, makes the main show more enjoyable and is unmissable in its own right. Hilarious p-take of Ben!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Mona didnt bring a lot to the table in fairness and like every other series its just a case of flushing out the wasters, Sugar could have ended the show on week three if he wanted to :D

Debra could have gone also, but so could James and apart from pushing his ideas I dont think Howard was much better!

What was the story with the lad from Little Britain doing the interviewing on the Margate Project (pink shirt)? I was expecting him to say "I want that one"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I thought Debra should have been fired too. Mona was good last week, although she did sweet FA in the weeks in between her being PM.

I thought Howard was a bit strange in this task. You'd think that as the gay Apprentice, he would have been better being sent to Margate and be creative with the pictures. I still think he and James will make the final 4 along with Yasmina and Kate; the latter two would have to really screw up at this stage not to make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The only reason I can think of that Debra is still around is because she makes better TV than Mona due to her being an absolute bitch.

Debra has been in the boardroom three times - each time she's been narky with Alan, Nick and Margaret and received a tongue lashing for it, yet somehow has survived. Maybe Sir Alan sees something in her that no-one else does, but I think he may have had the show's ratings in mind by getting rid of the nice but dull Mona.

I do feel sorry for Mona because I thought she had improved over the past few weeks. I have to say though her conversation with the transexual in the gay bar was absolutely cringeworthy/hilarious! :D

If Kate and Yasmina aren't the final two, it'll be a shock. The interviews will be the only task they may fall down on (because nearly everyone falls flat on that task!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Maybe they want to see Debra fighting with the interview panel when they start picking through her CV because THAT would make great TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Maybe they want to see Debra fighting with the interview panel when they start picking through her CV because THAT would make great TV!

Ah yes!!! Now, that would be a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Indeed. Debra does not take kindly to criticism, it would be almost worth keeping her for another few weeks just to see her do the interview task!She's not the only one though - I could imagine Yasmina fighting with the interviewers aswell. She's not quite as brutally aggressive as Debra but she's smarter and more sarcastic, and would probably throw in a dig at them.

As for the rest, Kate and Ben would probably get torn to shreds for being cocky. James would get defensive and possibly cry. Lorraine would just be laughed at.

Oh I do love the interviews! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

How many do the interviews again? Is it 4 or 5? My top 4 for entertainment value would be:

1. Ben - we'll get to hear how Sandhurst lost a fine gentleman soldier
    2. Debra - the interviewers may actually melt in front of her, on account of her being a fire-breathing dragon
    3. James - he's absolutely brilliant, and it's like he has a little boy's face on top of a grown man's body, so ya can't hate him
    4. Yasmeena - loved how she made a 200% profit on those sambos, she fairly took charge and would probably stand up for herself against the interviewers.

Kate may make the top 4 in the place of (probably) Ben, but I don't think her interviews will be that entertaining. She'll get there because she'll be good at the job though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Usually 4 go forward to the interview stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Usually 4 go forward to the interview stage.

It was 5 last year, so they might do that again if there's no double firing in the next few weeks.

I'd love to see Ben get to the interview stage, just so they could tear him apart. Wonder if he'd have the nerve to do his 'Will you let me finish?' to one of the interviewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

marie_85 wrote: »
    It was 5 last year, so they might do that again if there's no double firing in the next few weeks.
    Last year was the exception as 4 went into the final. The general consensus was that they were all rubbish and Sugar couldn't choose a winner so he let the 4 go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Last year was the exception as 4 went into the final. The general consensus was that they were all rubbish and Sugar couldn't choose a winner so he let the 4 go through.

I don't think they have a great bunch this year either, half of them are too quiet while the other have suffer from over-confidence which is hiding their true lack of confidence.

Advertisement