Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav on Nokia E51

• 13-05-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hello folks. I have a Nokia E51. I went into the GPS Data file in the Tools section. I downloaded a 3 day trial version of the driving/ walking sat nav sofware. When I try to go into the sat nav featue (not google maps) it tries to connect to the satellite but then gives up a bluetooth search option. Is there an extra piece of hardware I need to use the proper sat nav feature or is there some sort of incompatibility?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There is no inbuilt GPS in the Nokia e51 so you need to buy a bluetooth GPS device that you can link up with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

Thank you for the quick and informed reply!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Wolfsberg wrote: »
    Thank you for the quick and informed reply!!!
    No problem.

Our FAQ has a section with some online shops here which might be useful in some way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Here's what you need (on sale by me on Adverts ;) )

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=108410&cat=500

It works very well with E51. I have the same phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭stevemcf

Hi,
    Have E51 as well with a Bluetooth GPS receiver. What are my sortware options?

1) I don't want a data plan option as I drive abroad and the prices are psycho
    2) MicroSD maps + software seems very pricey, are there ones below €100?
    3) Nokia Maps seems to need data
    4) Google Maps seems to need data

Help, going to France in three days.
    Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Amaze GPS is free too but requires data.

Route 66 is around €70 p.a.

Advertisement