Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with your build?

• 13-05-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Heya folks, thought I'd just drop this link into here.

There does be loads of posts abou which build for this and that. I know its great for a bit of forum activity and getting advice, but sometimes you get about 5 different people saying different things.

This link http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Main

will take you to probably the most comprahensive wow site apart from wowhead. In the search bar simply type in your class and "build"

EG: Shaman build, Warlock build

There you will be given a full breakdown for all builds for that class, what they are good for, who they suit and how they plan out, complete with talent calculator link.

The reason I use this site is because its based around a wiki format, therefore 1000's of people rate builds as either relevant, good or bull****, and these are then updated.

It is the first place I look for builds, and then should I have any questions I'd ask here or online.

This isnt a smart post r anything, but I was shocked a the amount of people that dont know about this site and its indepth amount of builds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Not fond of wowwiki myself, find most of the builds outdated or just plain crap.

Id only use it for boss tacs myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Yes wowwiki is kinda unreliable when it comes to competent/current talent builds.

If people are looking for "serious endgame builds" they're probably going to have much more luck in the class mechanics section of the elitistjerks forums.

http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

or talentchic.com is another good one :) lists the most popular builds per class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well there we go, I've never heard of those other ones, always swore by wow wiki. I'll check out those other links, thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

splinter wrote: »
    or talentchic.com is another good one :) lists the most popular builds per class
    That isn't terribly accurate either though as it just shows what's popular rather than what's actually good. Right now for the PvP builds for Priests, the top 5 listed are all PvE builds. The same goes for mages, the top 4 listed are fire PvE builds.

I'd stick to EJ tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Not fond of wowwiki myself, find most of the builds outdated or just plain crap.
    Agree 100%

I remember seeing a battle mage build on wowwiki where a melee 1h sword was to be equipped and as much green armor of the monkey/boar (or whatever has +str) worn as possible :)

Advertisement