Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wot can happen you

• 13-05-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

well lads i hope your well haha but i have a question and its wreckin my head the last week,wot implications can i expect to run into running a 400cc bike on a a1 liscence,is it good or bad for my insurance,,ta for looking :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

First off your license doesnt cover you ... also you wouldn't be insured if there was an accident. Plus if the Garda stopped you, they could impound the bike. Not worth the risk IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

thats wot i was thinking aswell but i was doing the same thing years ago on another 400 and never had any hassel ,i never produce me liscence on the spot,only produc it in the barrcks of my choice :) but im older and wiser now and could do without half the stress i used to put on meself back then haha,even if i pass my full test on the a1 liscence,i stil wouldnt be covered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

well lads i hope your well haha but i have a question and its wreckin my head the last week,wot implications can i expect to run into running a 400cc bike on a a1 liscence,is it good or bad for my insurance,,ta for looking :)

Why don't you go and do the theory test for your A licence, get the 400cc bike resticted, and away you go (once you are insured).
    Then you can do your full licence in 6 months, and two years after you pass that, you could get any bike you want - provided you can get insured on it.

GBX wrote: »
    First off your license doesnt cover you ... also you wouldn't be insured if there was an accident. Plus if the Garda stopped you, they could impound the bike. Not worth the risk IMO.

+1 on the A1 licence - not worth it.

looks like il have to do the theory test so :mad: feicn rsa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

thats wot i was thinking aswell but i was doing the same thing years ago on another 400 and never had any hassel ,i never produce me liscence on the spot,only produc it in the barrcks of my choice :) but im older and wiser now and could do without half the stress i used to put on meself back then haha,even if i pass my full test on the a1 liscence,i stil wouldnt be covered

you're registered on biker and asked the same question no? - you're the guy who uses 'haha' as punctuation?

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    you're registered on biker and asked the same question no? - you're the guy who uses 'haha' as punctuation?

haha wot u smoking lol

jameshayes wrote: »

sorry no im not regidtered on any of them fourms,you had me looking on them tho lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Jaysus lad, just get the A licence and be done with the hahassle!

Advertisement