Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Thanks' System...

• 14-05-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

Is great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

hehe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

You mean that finger button at the end of each post is a thanks button. I was always sure it was a up yours button, i used it like water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I'm dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Thank me , thank me now or else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

1) start thread on the thanks system
    2) watch the free thanks roll in
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Just so you all know, every post in this thread will be getting its thanks stripped. I'll wait until they build up so you'll miss them more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Galvasean wrote: »
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT!!!

1. Post about good hand in poker
    2. ???
    3. PROFIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Galvasean wrote: »
    3) ????
    4) PROFIT!!!
    Dammit you've got me sussed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

javaboy wrote: »
    Just so you all know, every post in this thread will be getting its thanks stripped. I'll wait until they build up so you'll miss them more.

My name looks extra long on the thanks bar so its going to hurt us all a bit more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

But what i said was hilarious.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How exactly has it ruined the forum. People have always tried to be funny in after hours. That may have increased due to the thanks system but would you rather have someone spend time thinking up something that might be witty and humourous or would you rather someone just post another IBTL, YORE MA, I for one welcome our new ________ overlords, etc.? Even you are trying to be funny by putting in the "Damn recession" bit. I think someone is a whoring for some thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I would like to thank.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good. I was about to complain about people thanking me for complaining about people exploiting the thanks system

*goes crosseyed*

:eek: Anything but the thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If they keep the "Thanks" button for AH, they should introduce a "you're a tool" button, for a bit of balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

david wrote: »
    ...has ruined this forum. Damn social climbers striving to get the funniest punniest smartest reply in. Damn Recession.
    Thanks.
    Make up your mind though, Thanks or Recession.

Start two threads.

Double the opportunity.

/no need to thank me

How exactly has it ruined the forum. People have always tried to be funny in after hours. That may have increased due to the thanks system but would you rather have someone spend time thinking up something that might be witty and humourous or would you rather someone just post another IBTL, YORE MA, I for one welcome our new ________ overlords, etc.? Even you are trying to be funny by putting in the "Damn recession" bit. I think someone is a whoring for some thanks.
    Well that's me pwnd.

If I thank your post,will Mrs bucket delete it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Has Old Gill missed the thanks again? Awwww, I needed those thanks, my wife's gonna leave me.

Picks up phone - "You should have seen me honey, I was so close to getting the thanks. Hey, who is that in the background? Awwww, is that Tom? I thought you were gonna leave him. No, no... dont put him on. Oh, hi Tom!"

• Advertisement

Senna wrote: »
    If they keep the "Thanks" button for AH, they should introduce a "you're a tool" button, for a bit of balance.

No. Never.

That's Wainthropp thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There really needs to be a thumbs down button to show your disgust for a post.(boo urns, just saw Senna's post)

Dave147 wrote: »
    Has Old Gill missed the thanks again? Awwww, I needed those thanks, my wife's gonna leave me.

Picks up phone - "You should have seen me honey, I was so close to getting the thanks. Hey, who is that in the background? Awwww, is that Tom? I thought you were gonna leave him. No, no... dont put him on. Oh, hi Tom!"
    Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If she does I'll just ban her. :)

That's Wainthropp thank you very much.
    60 seconds.:eek:

/and I only said it once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Vain wrote: »
    You mean that finger button at the end of each post is a thanks button. I was always sure it was a up yours button, i used it like water.

I thought it meant that you would 'flick the bean' of the poster in question.

If she does I'll just ban her. :)
    That's two thanks from me.
    DAMN!!!
    You're good at this, AC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

david wrote: »
    ...has ruined this forum. Damn social climbers striving to get the funniest punniest smartest reply in. Damn Recession.

Yes, but there are some of us with brains that can tell the posts that are clearly asking for thanks (like this one for example) from the sensible ones which deserve praise. ;)

• Advertisement

That's two thanks from me.
    DAMN!!!
    You're good at this, AC.

Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Another thanks whoring thread, sigh.

Ok, this time it's going in prime numbers.

Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?

Here's to me,AC.
    Raises glass.
    *clink

sdonn wrote: »
    Yes, but there are some of us with brains that can tell the posts that are clearly asking for thanks (like this one for example) from the sensible ones which deserve praise. ;)
    Ok.

Sensible and AH.. hmm.

orestes wrote: »

I'm gonna delete a post or two just to make you look like a fool! :)

3!!

• Advertisement

I'm gonna delete a post or two just to make you look like a fool! :)

You can't delete his post that you thanked?

Saibh wrote: »
    You can't delete his post that you thanked?
    Yeah I can.

Yeah I can.

That's ok, I won't have to thank his post now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

You're welcome.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is the idea of this thread to thank nearly every poster? :S

I like the Thank system, so much so I ask other vB forums I use to implement it. Its grrrrreat!

• Advertisement

1 is not considered a prime number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:)

1 is not considered a prime number.

You sure? I thought it was? Or is this something about it not being a prime number cos it can't multiply with itself (I can't either yet, but the research is ongoing)

You sure? I thought it was? Or is this something about it not being a prime number cos it can't multiply with itself (I can't either yet, but the research is ongoing)

It's just by definition really. Don't dwell on it too long. As I said, all these thanks will be gone soon. :cool:

It's just by definition really. Don't dwell on it too long. As I said, all these thanks will be gone soon. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thank you very much Mr Eastwood.........

I think the only way you can get rid of all the thanks is by deleting the thread completely, which will have serious reprecussions for my research.

I think the only way you can get rid of all the thanks is by deleting the thread completely, which will have serious reprecussions for my research.

Nah I have magic powers. And deleting the thread won't get rid of the thanks btw.

Sorry super-rush. I know you had your hear set on that #47 spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That is true, but won't deleting this also go towards to making you a thankless person? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

A thankless job IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement