Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foal expecctations

Options
  • 14-05-2009 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

just got my mare covered last week. its her first foal. shes 7 mine to soz for the pune what should i expect for the upcoming months fingers crossed it goes as planned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Was she coming into heat/on heat when you covered her? If she wasnt then you could try covering her again this week. If she was, then keep eye on her for next week or more, checking her to see if she comes back into heat, if she doesn't, then you could think about getting her scanned to see if there's an embryo there then you'll have a foal to look forward.
    Once she's confirmed in foal, there's nothing more out of the ordinary you wouldnt do really other than the norm - watch her diet, don't let her get too fat, look after her hooves as per usual, worm, vaccinate her and keep her life stress free bascially for the next 11-12 months!

Advertisement