Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Players who havent been capped at international senior level?

• 14-05-2009 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been done before, i cant remember if it has or not...delete if needs be mods.
    But i was just thinking, Mikel Arteta has never been capped at senior international level for Spain........ so who else is there? retired or not!?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Steve Bruce.

/Thread/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Amuari.
    Seba Rossi (look at everything he won with Milan and he never got a call up!).
    Mancinni, besides this season he's been amazing for 6 years and ne ver got a brazil squad call up even.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Seaneh wrote: »
    Amuari.
    Seba Rossi (look at everything he won with Milan and he never got a call up!).
    Mancinni, besides this season he's been amazing for 6 years and ne ver got a brazil squad call up even.

Ex-Roma's Mancini?
    I thought he had a few caps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Definitely Steve Bruce. I never understood why he failed to get a call-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Dario Hubner. For three seasons in Serie A he was on absolute fire for bad bad clubs and didn't get a call up due to his age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Gonzalo Higuain. Should be playing upfront for Argentina with Messi and Aguero...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Think Malbranque was unlucky never to have been called into the French squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

Kevin Nolan while he was at Bolton. Played out of his skin for a few seasons. Now at Newcastle he wouldn't be asked to carry the water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Keith Fahey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

CiaranC wrote: »
    Keith Fahey

Just beat me to it.

I'd say Wes Hoolahan but he has been capped... barely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Ton-Ton Zola Moukoko.
    That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I think Mancini has been capped a few times, I remember him playing when Brazil beat Portugal recently enough. But Steve Bruce is the obvious candidate for me I suppose. My grandad who was a West Ham fan used to say Billy Bonds was the best player to never play for england in his time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

eZe^ wrote: »
    Gonzalo Higuain. Should be playing upfront for Argentina with Messi and Aguero...
    Ah, Tevez ain't bad either though... Higuain gets called up to squads though right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Clemer Melo da Silva

Copa Libertadores winner
    World Club Championship winner v Barcelona

Solid keeper, never called up by Brazil. So sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nameing relativly young players who will get capped sooner or later is a bit pointless. Fahey will get capped.

It's an injustice to get through a career for certain layers and never get capped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Steve Bruce could have played for Ireland. When I said this to someone they said he wouldnt have got near the teamsheet. I would have had him in defense with Moran /McGrath ( Mcgrath could play defensive midfield).Back in the early 90s Bruce was atleast in the top 5 best centre halfs in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Daysha wrote: »
    Definitely Steve Bruce. I never understood why he failed to get a call-up.

It's because back then we actually had a good defence at Arsenal lol ;) With that said it's pretty shocking he never got the nod, he was a great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

eZe^ wrote: »

What about Victor Valdes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bruce is always the first that springs to mind for me,shocking to think he never got the call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Clemer Melo da Silva

Copa Libertadores winner
    World Club Championship winner v Barcelona

Solid keeper, never called up by Brazil. So sad.
    Gotta agree with this one, he has been magnificent for Internacional and he is still going. I think he is world class and imo deffo the best Brazilian 'keeper I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Lee Trundle.

/Thread

lol at this from wiki btw

"In his time at Swansea, Trundle became a minor celebrity in the game, with his extrovert displays of skill (or "showboating") bringing him to national attention via the Soccer AM television show on Sky Sports. Tim Lovejoy revealed in his autobiography that Trundle himself regularly contacted the show with footage of himself in action."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Owen Heary deserved to get a cap IMO

Advertisement