Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychic Helpline! (Predictions Thread '09)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Merge blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Yeah aridisol is the type of soil found in deserts

I really hope they don't change the pattern in past exams...I mean the same sort of questions come up every year but they could mix it up this year :-/

Landform development always came up

So did drawing Ireland (part A) and marking in regions (GDA and BMW)
    Trade never came up in Economics so it better not come up this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

can viatnam come up?my teacher said it cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

the guy on ttv just said to look at the rock cycle and human impacts on a biome aswell he said something else but i didnt hear
    i screwed for geoecology :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

i screwed for geoecology :(

And English!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Hey!
    What do ye think will come up for HL and OL accounting this year??

I'm doing OL....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I'm fcuked for regional. There's too much stuff to learn/things they can ask. I've learnt off about 5 Regional questions so one of them is bound to come up, and if 2 come up in the same queston then all the better. But it's like impossible to learn it all.

Dunno how some people do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 muscle--museum

I dunno what sections are which...but I'll tell you what I've heard, these are from the institute, and the HTAI lecture in Trinity a while ago.

Movements for Reform:
    Strike and Lockout
    GAA

Sovereignty and Partition:
    Economic Policies 1922-1939 (This should definitely come up)
    Treaty Negotations
    Cultural Identity I think...

Dictatorship and Democracy:
    Church-State relations in Germany and Italy (again, should be a definite)
    A direct question on the Show Trials
    Italy's domestic policies (maybe(
    Nazis in WWII
    What about Home Rule... Such a huge section can't be omitted surely!! Otherwise i'm doing roughly the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

em sinn fein sucess and decline in home rule party id bank on same wit direct question on show trials Ie cause n consequence
    hitlers foreign policy
    economic policies of cnag or ff or both
    lost on the Northern Ireland course any tips goin?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Try reading here maybe
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055574545
    Or look through your exam papers and see if there's any trends yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I dunno what sections are which...but I'll tell you what I've heard, these are from the institute, and the HTAI lecture in Trinity a while ago.

Movements for Reform:
    Strike and Lockout
    GAA

Sovereignty and Partition:
    Economic Policies 1922-1939 (This should definitely come up)
    Treaty Negotations
    Cultural Identity I think...

Dictatorship and Democracy:
    Church-State relations in Germany and Italy (again, should be a definite)
    A direct question on the Show Trials
    Italy's domestic policies (maybe(
    Nazis in WWII
    That would be absolutely perfect if that all came up! I've written a few essays on the strike and lockout( one for history class, the other for the mock) and got about 85/100 on both of them with little reference to the book. I did the show trials q in the mock and got 82/100 on it.
    can viatnam come up?my teacher said it cant
    It can come up again, but it's unlikely to as it was up last year. What I'm putting my money on is the Moon Landing as it's 40 years this summer that it happened. But know the 3 just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Yeah but there's 2 different regions for almost most questions. It's ridiculous. I took Economics in school so I'm changing over to the Economic elective (I don't know shít about human)..its much easier. Economics is all common sense with a bit of "ah yeah I get it" learning. Regional and human processes is all how much stuff you can cram before the exam. I'm not down with that.

As for the boss question, the optional, I'm dreading that. 80 fcuking HP lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Mr.S wrote: »
    Global Warming or Desertification or Deforestation (or all 3/pick 2) has always come up, every year since the new style of exam was brought in. You can pritty much bank on it coming up this year. Someone wrote up notes on all 3 and put it up on here, think its a few pages back. Its not that hard aswell, compared to the other questions you can get.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055551752

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

What exactly is 'Land Uses'? I know most the course well but I always have trouble identifying what the questions are asking for! :S Is it like leisure, recretional and religious and all that or am I horribly mistaken??

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

any predictions for the politics and society in Northern Ireland question???

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

any predictions for the politics and society in Northern Ireland question???

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

What's the actual question you're looking at?

A 'Function' would be residential...then the 'land use' would be housing estates etc.
    or if the function was education the land use would be schools/colleges.

It depends on the question though really!

Is anyone learning the land use models like Burgess, Hoyt etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Politics & Society N.Ireland: This is what I'm doing anyway:

- Apprentice Boys - Cultural Identity/Ecumenism
    - Impact of Welfare State (Housing/Health/Education) Enhanced sectarian tensions
    - Cause of Civil Rights Movement and Success of Civil Rights Movement
    - Coleraine University Controversy
    - Impact of Troubles
    - Sunningdale Agreement

ImJohn wrote: »
    Physical geo: I'd say isostatic effects, limestone region and quarrying are bankers.

Regional: I can't really say, hopefully someone has a better view on this.

Human pro: land uses, historic settlement, ndp.

Essay: Human impact on biome (hopefully)

Lets see what ye got.

Human impact on biomes came up last year (Q16) would they ask that again???

I was going to focus on how plants and animals adapt to soil and climate in a biome you have studied (2007), human interference with soil characterisitics (2007) and probably composition and characterisitics of one soil type..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

For land uses we were told to pick a specific city and write about the C.B.D, Indutry and Residential (high,low and medium) and draw a map (rough) and circle in where the 3 land uses are on the map. It's easy 30 marks so I hope it comes up.

For the geocology we basically only got proper notes on the impact on a biome and processes on a soil. However, I'm thinking characteristics of soil will come up seeing as impact on a biome came up last year :(. I'm not too sure though. Has your teachers told ye anything about impact on a biome coming up (human activities).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I did the Coleraine question last year, it was a beauty. Just regurgitated the chapter in the book so I'm leaving it out this year.

Focusing on other two case studies.

our teacher thinks human impact on soils is coming up..but then again no one knows do they:p

i doubt they'd repeat a question that came up last year though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Mr.S wrote: »
    Global Warming or Desertification or Deforestation (or all 3/pick 2) has always come up, every year since the new style of exam was brought in. You can pritty much bank on it coming up this year. Someone wrote up notes on all 3 and put it up on here, think its a few pages back. Its not that hard aswell, compared to the other questions you can get.

That why im worried it wont come up this year:( what kind of way are the questions phrased about them?

Btw theres a new crowd setting the exams this year so expect change according to revison course:(

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Can someonje give me a brief essay plan on the 1913 lockout?? i tottally lost what i should study about...the event or why it happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Can someonje give me a brief essay plan on the 1913 lockout?? i tottally lost what i should study about...the event or why it happened ?

IMO you need to know:

Why it happened?
    What happened?
    Who was involved?
    etcetc
    then
    What was the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

could someone give me the outline of an essay on the apprentice boys, we nver finished that book only got half way through it. i read the case study in the book but there is very little on it. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

For NI topic this is what I'm doing:

All three case studies (good chance of one coming up)
    Impact of Troubles on society and economy (banking on this!!)
    Emergence of Provisional IRA (never came up so just throwing it in there!)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

If Derek Walcott doesnt come up I SWEAR TA GOD !!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What ye think? who's going to come up?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

tip is walcott OR keats

but a tip is just a tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

would human activities on the soil be over cropping , over grazing and deforestataion?? or am i totally wrong? is anyone doing tertiary act in india?

Advertisement