Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychic Helpline! (Predictions Thread '09)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

will i be safe with longley,keats, bishop and rich? im getting really worried about just doing four...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

leesmom wrote: »
    will i be safe with longley,keats, bishop and rich? im getting really worried about just doing four...

you are way ahead of the posse with 4, but shu when you are so close to 5 you may as well do walcott and feel really smug walking in

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

My Own Prediction is: John Keats
    Elizibeth Bishop
    Micheal Longley
    DEREK WALCOTT!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

would human activities on the soil be over cropping , over grazing and deforestataion?? or am i totally wrong? is anyone doing tertiary act in india?

yep secondary and tertiary in india have never come up so i learned them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TheKnowledge

Learn a few poets in depth, then learn a couple of phrases from poems by the other poets, then you can cross reference poets in your answer in relation to a theme. It'll look like you've a massive knowledge of all the poets but you really dont. Got me an A back when I did it.

Best of luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm doing Longely, Bishop & Keats anyway, and will look over Walcott aswell.

You'd be mad to do just learn 1 poet, even if they do come up, the question might be ****.

im maaad!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

What is the "Must Knows" in regions? there so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

If you do 4 poets you have a 79/80 (I think) chance of getting a poet you studied, combining that with how predictable the poetry is, I'd say you don't have that much to be worried about....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm just doing Bishop and Keats in depth. Not sure if I've time to go over Rich. Could do Longley but I'm not too fond of his work so wouldn't really want to answer a question on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

TBH I think the separate threads are better..one big thread just means I have to sort through subject predictions that are irrelevent to me and many others. Same with stuff that's relevent to me, isn't relevent to others. One big thread sort of nullifies any real conversation in regards to the subject/exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm in favour of the big thread tbh. Every four or five days there's a new 'predictions in history / irish' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

I've essays done on Bishop and Walcott. I might glance over rich and montague before the exam.

For Geography i'm basically banking on the global warming/deforestation q!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Beau x1 wrote: »
    TBH I think the separate threads are better..one big thread just means I have to sort through subject predictions that are irrelevent to me and many others. Same with stuff that's relevent to me, isn't relevent to others. One big thread sort of nullifies any real conversation in regards to the subject/exams.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that myself... It just means I have to keep an eye on as many threads as there are LC subjects, and move/merge as necessary... but I suppose that's what I get for being a mod. ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Beau x1 wrote: »

I did think about that before I merged them all but I decided to merge them cos if I didn't most of the first page would be all predicitons. I'll edit in an instruction on the first post to put the subject in the title of your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I say get a sub forum for predictions alone...

Make a few stickies for predictions for particular topics.

Clean them out after each year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

shteve wrote: »
    I've essays done on Bishop and Walcott. I might glance over rich and montague before the exam.

For Geography i'm basically banking on the global warming/deforestation q!!

I'm similar but Keats instead of Walcott.
    Would love to see a GW question come up in Geog but I feel it's a long shot..... I have it prepared anyway though!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

I'm similar but Keats instead of Walcott.
    Would love to see a GW question come up in Geog but I feel it's a long shot..... I have it prepared anyway though!

I think apart from the GW, the long essay question is pretty unpredictable. So fingers crossed....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

I've learnt the characteristics of the desert biome and the human interaction of the tropical rainforest which is desertification. Is this safe enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Swizz wrote: »
    Trade never came up in Economics so it better not come up this year!
    Given that the most recent Nobel Prize was awarded for research under the trade theme (Paul Krugman), and how global trade has effectively fallen off the cliff over the last seven months, it might be a good idea to look over that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

shteve wrote: »
    I think apart from the GW, the long essay question is pretty unpredictable. So fingers crossed....:confused:

I just don't like the way it's come up in like the same way since 2006...
    But yes fingers crossed....

• Advertisement

I've learnt the characteristics of the desert biome and the human interaction of the tropical rainforest which is desertification. Is this safe enough?

I think BOTH of them questions came up last year so i duno.......!

piggies wrote: »
    I think BOTH of them questions came up last year so i duno.......!

Is there much else they can ask on the biome though? The characteristics is the most popular question usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ted Bundy

Is there much else they can ask on the biome though? The characteristics is the most popular question usually.

They can also ask plant and animal adaptations to the biome...
    Im learnin all 3! cant afford ta risk it cos there will only be one q on biomes this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I'm going to do human impact on a biome, soil processes and characteristics of soil. Human activities on a biome better come up or even deforestation because I can use the same essay for both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Ted Bundy wrote: »
    They can also ask plant and animal adaptations to the biome...
    Im learnin all 3! cant afford ta risk it cos there will only be one q on biomes this year.

Is that definite that there will only be one biome Q? Im learning off plant and animal adaption because there seems to be a fairly straightforward pattern through the years BUT if there is only one Q on biomes then that might throw off my prediction

why does everyone seem to think human impact on biomes is coming up again this year am i missing something........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Was just thinking that, although I see how only 1 biome Q is due to come up, it looks like it will be plant and animal adaption....... hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ted Bundy

Is that definite that there will only be one biome Q? Im learning off plant and animal adaption because there seems to be a fairly straightforward pattern through the years BUT if there is only one Q on biomes then that might throw off my prediction

Its not definate but that has been the pattern-2 on soil,1 on biomes one year...then two on biomes 1 on soil the following year..etc

My advice would be to cover urself,just do them all.It'll take more time obviously but at least you'l know goin into the exam that your sorted for your geoecology.

They ain't gonna follow the pattern of biome topics forever,they will eventually screw a group of lc'rs over,you never know this year we just might be that group...

Anyone got an answer for animal and plant adaptation to a biome? I have stuff on the desert but I don't think that I have enough for an 80 marker?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

HISTORY

Mussolini has never come up (except origins of fascism question). Would you say that if we studies his domestic and foreign policies very well we could have a great chance of a question????????

Advertisement