Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxes on accomodation in the US

• 14-05-2009 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out on the rate of tax on accomodation in the US. My buddy and I are booking hostels but some say, on hostelworld.com, that taxes are not included.

However they don't say the rate of tax so we aren't sure what total costs will be over that!!!

Also, they all seem to take mainly just booking fee and not the full money down as you do with flights. Not sure will this make it easier or harder for us to split the cost evenly...how do people find it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Fabio

Anyone no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Taxes can vary from state to state, so it's very hard for anyone to give you a catch all figure. You're talking dollars a night - though it may be quite low for hostels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Fabio

Sound BuffyBot, looks like I'll have to go web digging to find out!

Advertisement