Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to dublin, best areas to rent??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

i have friends pying sub 600 for a beautiful house sharing in donnybrook of shrewsbury.... you cant relly get a better area, 10 mins from town, beautiful area, beside dart, great pubs and lots of shops
    600 each or 600 for the house?! Thats one of the most expensive areas to but in Dublin, its the most expensive on Monopoly too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Got a place sorted tonight, Raymond Street off South Circular road, lovely area and a cool house. Cheers for the help lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

i have friends pying sub 600 for a beautiful house sharing in donnybrook of shrewsbury.... you cant relly get a better area, 10 mins from town, beautiful area, beside dart, great pubs and lots of shops

Niiiiice :cool:
    That's a sweet area and a decent price

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Got a place sorted tonight, Raymond Street off South Circular road, lovely area and a cool house. Cheers for the help lads.

Yup Raymond St. is a nice road, very quiet aswell, if you drive though parking can be a pain in the arse. Need to know anything about the area just ask, only live a few roads away from you.

Cheers mate, parking was my one concern about the place. The people living there reckoned they could get free parking at the end of the road. I presume I can get the residents parking permit too??

So what's the best local Gavin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

...ballymun;)

Cheers mate, parking was my one concern about the place. The people living there reckoned they could get free parking at the end of the road. I presume I can get the residents parking permit too??

So what's the best local Gavin?

Best local hmm, I'm more of going into town kinda guy being 18 and all, but Leonards Corner (http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/leonardscorner.html) is suppose to be good obviously depending on your age. How old are you and what would you be looking for in a local?:D

Current local is The Players Lounge in Fairview, comfortable place to watch any and all sports is the main requirement, not getting shot or bust up is secondary to that!

Ah I'll be heading into town for nights out, just looking for a spot for Tuesday night pints, guess I'll just have to try them all out and work from there.

Current local is The Players Lounge in Fairview, comfortable place to watch any and all sports is the main requirement, not getting shot or bust up is secondary to that!

Ah I'll be heading into town for nights out, just looking for a spot for Tuesday night pints, guess I'll just have to try them all out and work from there.

Players Lounge, nice pub indeed. Suppose the Headline or Leornards Corners would be grand for a few socialable pints, and Dublin 8's Players Lounge. Well if you're looking for a younger more livelier scene you have Camden St/Wexford St and also Bernard Shaws up on Richmond Road (closes at 12.30 though).

Take it you know you have a butchers, chipper, two chinese take-aways (China House is nicer than the Full House imo), two pharmacies, Pinheads Pizza, bookies, Londis, Stephanies Cafe (great hangover brekkie), internet cafe, bank all at Leonards Corner which is 2 mins from Raymond St and then in the other direction 2 mins away a Spar, O'Neills Offo (one of the best in Dublin) and the National Stadium.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Weird. I think I know the house you're moving into. Sharing with three other lads, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 genuineleather

The pub I'm spamming for Re-opened in 2008 and is a totally different pub than it was years ago!!!! Great staff, clean surroundings and no scumbags!!! I moved in to this area just as it was re-opening and havn't drank anywhere else since!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You have 12 posts and 6 of them are on that pub

You're clearly a fan :)
    Or maybe the owner :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

That's a good bit away from Rialto.:D Ye the area around there does be usually very quiet, in saying that if you do happen to move there you'll gradually see that there will be alot of guards in the area mainly because you have some of Dublins biggest gangsters who are involved with this whole Drimnagh - Crumlin gang feud and members of the INLA within a stones throw away from you.;) Don't let ye put you off though.

ah the Crumlin -Drimnagh feud, god bless the herald for ruining the names of two generally grand areas of dublin. amazing it has that name when many of the main players are from and live in the south inner city...pisses me off.

anyway the whole liberties area would get my vote for proximity to town and having stuff going on....if you want some where quieter id say drimnagh or kilmainham

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

IBTL ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement