Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish fooball this weekend, May 15/16

• 14-05-2009 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭

Is SectionF off sick? Or is he queuing up in Tallaght already? :P

Premier

Fri, May 15

9:45 Galway United vs Bray Wanderers
    19:45 Cork City vs Derry City
    19:45 Drogheda United vs Dundalk
    19:45 St. Pats vs Sligo Rovers

Sat, May 16

19:30 Shamrock Rovers vs Bohemians (Live on Setanta)

First Division

Fri, May 15

19:45 Sporting Fingal - Athlone Town
    19:45 UCD - Waterford United
    20:00 Wexford Youths - Mervue United

Sat, May 16

19:30 Kildare County - Shelbourne
    19:30 Longford Town - Limerick FC
    19:45 Finn Harps - Monaghan United

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Watcha reckon Stovelid? Five in a row for the Bohs? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Cork seem to be in bother.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0513/corkcity.html

The Revenue Commissioners have reportedly applied for a petition to wind up Cork City Investment FC, the holding company of Cork City. The petition is due to be heard on Monday, 25 May.

In a statement released tonight, Cork say they wish to confirm that the club is currently in negotiation with the Revenue regarding the club's tax liabilities.

They say that when the club emerged from examinership in October last year, a settlement was reached with Revenue.

However, the statement adds that additional tax liabilities have subsequently emerged which resulted from the club's previous ownership, and the club is currently addressing this matter with Revenue in a bid to bring the issue to a swift and successful conclusion.

The fact that the liabilities have arisen subsequent to the examinership is an issue which the club intends to pursue with the examiners.

The club's legal and financial advisers intend to meet with the Revenue as a matter of urgency in order to come to an agreement.

Cork City are currently joint top of the Premier Division and face Derry City at Turner's Cross on Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

stovelid wrote:
    Or is he queuing up in Tallaght already?
    No need to que, Bohs will only bring about 10 fans anyway...
    SectionF wrote: »

Rovers 2-0 :)

Will actually be in Lanzarote (flying out in the morning) so hopefully can find an Irish bar with Setanta...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'll be editing original posts to include First Division fixtures in the future. :)

iregk wrote: »
    No need to que, Bohs will only bring about 10 fans anyway...
    Only allowed 150. Your ground is too small for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'll be editing original posts to include First Division fixtures in the future. :)

Hope you'll be doing the same for Championship and league 1 and 2 fixtures in the English thread.

Looks like I have a ticket for the rovers end in Tallaght. 2-0 win, Byrne and Crowe to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

bohsman wrote: »
    Hope you'll be doing the same for Championship and league 1 and 2 fixtures in the English thread.

I don't recall an English thread, there's usually a Premier League weekend thread though.

If the LOI and it's exponents see fit to sell real football to real fans the least you guys can do is include a good chunk of said football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

150! Probably send back about 140 of those for Rovers fans. Sure there were more of us than there were Bohs when we played you in Dalymount!

I don't recall an English thread, there's usually a Premier League weekend thread though.

If the LOI and it's exponents see fit to sell real football to real fans the least you guys can do is include a good chunk of said football.

Couldnt care less what the FAI are selling tbh, Sky and RTE have it right, pick the best teams and show them all the time.

Isn't that English? As it happens, from my POV, Championship and First Div. would be a useful addition (though I'm hoping I'll only need C/ship next season.)
    300px-premier_league.svg.png
    Sounds like someone has an agenda. While I think that 'selling' the real game to real fans is important, I also think it's wise to bring their attention to the best we have. That said, I have no objection to First Division football being put in the post.

• Advertisement

iregk wrote: »
    150! Probably send back about 140 of those for Rovers fans. Sure there were more of us than there were Bohs when we played you in Dalymount!
    Oh sorry. I didn't realise you were being funny. I had been taking you at face value.

Isn't that English? As it happens, from my POV, Championship and First Div. would be a useful addition (though I'm hoping I'll only need C/ship next season.)

You are free to start a Championship, or League 1 thread of your own. You can combine the two if you wish. The fact is that the thread that is started each week specifically references the PL, and does not say "English Football", unlike your weekly thread.

By the way, you are also free to start a LOI Premier Division thread each week if you so wish, and exclude the 1st Division fixtures.
    Sounds like someone has an agenda.

Probably best you get your hearing checked so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I did include them. :confused:

I'd be happy with a draw to be honest although I think Rovers are better placed for a win than the last fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Youd fit your home crowd in it three times with change.

stovelid wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a draw to be honest although I think Rovers are better placed for a win than the last fixture.
    I agree. Last few times were almost too easy: this should be more of a contest. I'll be delighted to come away with a win, of course!

I'd be delighted to come away with a win, of course!

fyp

fyp
    Thanks -- for now.

Make sure the existing First Division posts in any of the OPs don't escape your eagle eye though? You'll only have to delete them like mine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I thought Rovers vs Bohs kicked off at 19:00...

Anyway, hoping for a win for Rovers. Going for a 2 - 2 draw though.

Cork should beat Derry, Pats win, Utd and Sligo to draw.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »

7.30 on the club site.

7:30 on my ticket ;)

Make sure the existing First Division posts in any of the OPs don't escape your eagle eye though? You'll only have to delete them like mine?
    Interesting.
    How'd you do that?

By the way, you are also free to start a LOI Premier Division thread each week if you so wish, and exclude the 1st Division fixtures.
    Would that not just be titled the Premier Division?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

...Pats win...
    I'd be happy with a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Reports this morning that Bohs are in breach of the wage cap:
    LEAGUE of Ireland champions Bohemians have been hit with a transfer embargo due to overspending on players.

The FAI last night confirmed to the Irish Independent that the sanction had been placed after the latest set of monthly accounts filed by the double winners revealed that they are currently in breach of the Salary Cost Protocol.

Rules state that each club must spend no more than 65pc of their annual turnover on player wages.

Based on their actual figures for the first four months, and projections for the rest of the year, Bohs are currently on target to breach the guidelines, so have duly received this interim punishment.

A ban on registering new players will remain in place until they trim the wage bill or provide evidence that they have sourced new investment.

The Dubliners are deeply in the financial mire, with conservative estimates placing their liabilities in the form of debts and loans in the region of €3m and cost-cutting measures are on the horizon if they fail to make some progress in the Champions League in July.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/bohemians-hit-with-transfer-embargo-after-breach-of-salary-protocol-1739810.html

Overhang from the previous admin. Hopefully, the (mostly) new board will be able to pull us back from the brink. I might be posting 1st div. fixtures for a while, though.

Wage cap is over a season. We are in danger of breaching it hence the sanctions but cant have breached it. As someone said on another forum that would mean technically every team breaches the wage cap on payday.

Think the plan has always been to shed half the squad if we dont get past the first qualifying round of the CL - at least 2 players were signed on 6 month contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looking forward to the biggest derby in Irish football this evening. Should be a cracker with the away side looking good to come away with all three points and thus moving themselves into the top five of the league. Glorious time to be a Dundalk supporter.:cool:

• Advertisement

Interesting.
    How'd you do that?

The Last edited by tag (under an edited post) is a link, I think for a day or two. It appears that you can diff the versions of the edits. I assume that Mods of the forum (or admins) can also do it.

Somebody can correct me (as I haven't used it before) but it looks like extra first division fixtures were added to the OP, and then my original ones were removed. And there is still a censorial (and roundly thanked) post in the thread about omitting first division fixtures in OPs which I find very confusing?

Perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick as I haven't used the diff feature before.

7:30 on my ticket ;)

Is there any truth in that report that some of you went to the Rovers vs Bohs match just to get tickets? On the same night as a Bohs home game?

You'll have the majority of a whole stand to yourselves for the next away trip to Tallaght in October if the precast stand goes to timetable.

You lot really are obsessed. :p

Somebody can correct me (as I haven't used it before) but it looks like extra first division fixtures were added to the OP, and then my original ones were removed. And there is still a censorial (and roundly thanked) post in the thread about omitting first division fixtures in OPs which I find very confusing?

I suggest you PM the mod in question and ask for his input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Overhang from the previous admin.

How many more clubs are going to wheel this chestnut out?

"It wasn't us, it was the others".

Aren't Bohs a members club anyway?

Do the members not remain the same?

Is there any truth in that report that some of you went to the Rovers vs Bohs match just to get tickets? On the same night as a Bohs home game?
    You mean the Rovers v Bray? There are one or two who have bragged on the Bohs forum that they did so. I'd say they rather enjoyed it though, given the result. :cool:

I suggest you PM the mod in question and ask for his input.
    That would be appropriate in normal circumstances, but since the mod in question posted publicly about it I would have thought it reasonable to continue the discussion here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anyway, hoping for a win for Rovers. Going for a 2 - 2 draw though.

Cork should beat Derry, Pats win, Utd and Sligo to draw.

if sligo draw, it'll be asking a bit much of pats to win imo:cool:

jeasus it's asking a lot these days as it is - i aint exactly expecting a free flowing game this evening; better get a move on actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

It's raining cats & dogs - I need every ounce of my willpower to drag me down to United Park tonight to see the Drogs.

That would be appropriate in normal circumstances, but since the mod in question posted publicly about it I would have thought it reasonable to continue the discussion here.

If people want his input it might be a good idea to request it. He may not have revisited this thread since his last post.

PDN wrote: »
    It's raining cats & dogs - I need every ounce of my willpower to drag me down to United Park tonight to see the Drogs.

You won't go and they'll thump Dundalk 5-0. :)
    You mean the Rovers v Bray? There are one or two who have bragged on the Bohs forum that they did so. I'd say they rather enjoyed it though, given the result. :cool:

Bray, aye.

They missed a Bohs game to put 15 quid into our kitty just to get into Tallaght. Obessessed, man, obsessed. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pats and rovers should withdraw from europe, we gonna get raped :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

You won't go and they'll thump Dundalk 5-0. :)

Sadly neither came to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Great win for Galway tonight.:cool:

Bray, aye.

They missed a Bohs game to put 15 quid into our kitty just to get into Tallaght. Obessessed, man, obsessed. :P

7 o clock kickoff in Tallaght, they made it back to Dalymount by 7 45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We got our double game tickets in your stand and gave them to bray fans, its fine tho Coke sales are up we can afford it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I remember this time last year Galway barely had one win amazing the turnaround in a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Pighead wrote: »
    Glorious time to be a Dundalk supporter.:cool:

good lord yis didnt half play some rubbish tonight

if we were in any way capable of heading the ball itd have been a mauling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I remember this time last year Galway barely had one win amazing the turnaround in a year

Indeed. surprising a lot of people.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

galwayrush wrote: »
    Indeed. surprising a lot of people.:cool:
    Lets just hope we're not going to go like drogheda last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

so close, pats nearly got a win. . .nearly - schoolboy defending in the 90th minute to throw away 2 valuable points. played some nice football surprisingly enough but it was only sligo, that's pretty much our level this year.

cawley's goal was a dinger though, worth the entrance fee (or page from the season book :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Great win for Cork City tonight, especially considering missing a number of players, Neal Horgan, Davin O’Neill, Billy Dennehy & Shane Duggan all injured, along with Danny Murphy being suspended. Top of the league, possibly only for the night anyway.

Mezeckis was back but went off injured with his ankle again. Stephen O'Donnell made his home debut after coming back from injury but was sent off for saying something to the linesman, bit harsh. Some stupid decisions by the referee, but happy with 3 points in the end :) Healy and Gamble played really well, with Healy getting MOTM. The highest attendence this season at the cross with 4,036.

• Advertisement
Advertisement