Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish fooball this weekend, May 15/16

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well done to Waterford, but it was there for the taking imo. Those two points might end up being so crucial at the end of the year. :( Still, top of the league for now! :)

stovelid wrote: »
    The Last edited by tag (under an edited post) is a link, I think for a day or two. It appears that you can diff the versions of the edits. I assume that Mods of the forum (or admins) can also do it.

Somebody can correct me (as I haven't used it before) but it looks like extra first division fixtures were added to the OP, and then my original ones were removed. And there is still a censorial (and roundly thanked) post in the thread about omitting first division fixtures in OPs which I find very confusing?

Perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick as I haven't used the diff feature before.

lol, sorry about that! Simple explanation is that I'm an idiot. Basically, seen as I was going to Belfield tonight I had decided that I was going to make sure the first division fixtures were posted. And just assumed they hadn't been entered in the original post for this thread (like usual). So hit edit and copy and paste before realizing my error, then had to hit edit again...I ain't too bright! :)

My first comment in this thread does stand - though I'll avoid doing what doesn't need to be done in future! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well done to Waterford, but it was there for the taking imo. Those two points might end up being so crucial at the end of the year. :( Still, top of the league for now! :)

Can i ask a Q? why do you pretend to care/know about LOI?

is it a new mod thing?

seriously wtf? did i miss something :confused:

dreamers75 wrote: »

is it a new mod thing?

huh? I go watch UCD every so often. Is that a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

3-0 win, 5th in the league yet some still complain that we don't play 4-4-2 and attack enough.:rolleyes:

Stoopid people and their stoopid opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bohsman wrote: »
    7 o clock kickoff in Tallaght, they made it back to Dalymount by 7 45.
    We got our double game tickets in your stand and gave them to bray fans, its fine tho Coke sales are up we can afford it :cool:

It's all good. People going to insane lengths for the biggest ticket in town. Especially Bohs effectively paying twice for one game. :pac:

Pity the second stand hasn't been laid down yet. Would be a great atmosphere tonight. Doesn't feel like a good crowd when you can't see the away fans (as they are at the opposite end of the same stand). The sound also tends to leak out of the place. The second stand should rectify that a bit even if it's not full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Great win for Cork City tonight, especially considering missing a number of players, Neal Horgan, Davin O’Neill, Billy Dennehy & Shane Duggan all injured, along with Danny Murphy being suspended. Top of the league, possibly only for the night anyway.

Mezeckis was back but went off injured with his ankle again. Stephen O'Donnell made his home debut after coming back from injury but was sent off for saying something to the linesman, bit harsh. Some stupid decisions by the referee, but happy with 3 points in the end :) Healy and Gamble played really well, with Healy getting MOTM. The highest attendence this season at the cross with 4,036.

Great win alright. Just a bit worried by the fact that we let Derry back into the game in the second half even though they had been reduced to 10 men. We were riding our luck towards the end.

At least we are at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Helix wrote: »
    good lord yis didnt half play some rubbish tonight

if we were in any way capable of heading the ball itd have been a mauling
    :confused: Did you miss the part where we had our best player sent off? We were well in control of the game up until that point. We played the whole of the second half with ten men, of course we didn't pose much of an attacking threat. Although in saying that we still created more than your lot. I actually don't think the Drogs realised they were playing against 10 men. They showed a shocking lack of ambition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

is it a new mod thing?

Thats a bit ridiculous to be fair. I can't imagine anyone would go to a LOI match to prove a point, except those who go to say 'well I saw it and it was ****'. And people certainly wouldn't continually go to prove something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

is it a new mod thing?

Lloyd has always been a UCD fan since ive been on this forum. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Great win alright. Just a bit worried by the fact that we let Derry back into the game in the second half even though they had been reduced to 10 men. We were riding our luck towards the end.

Ah yeah, that is fairly frustrating, same against Pats last week, all goals coming before Pats were down to 10.

Just to add, I thought Faz was destined to score last night with the chances he had :pac:. Greg played well too, I think he won every header, slipped up once or twice though. Should be a bit of competition between him and Mezeckis when/if he's back.
    At least we are at the top.
    Indeed, for now, let's see how tonights match goes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Pighead wrote: »
    :confused: Did you miss the part where we had our best player sent off? We were well in control of the game up until that point. We played the whole of the second half with ten men, of course we didn't pose much of an attacking threat. Although in saying that we still created more than your lot. I actually don't think the Drogs realised they were playing against 10 men. They showed a shocking lack of ambition.

you were hardly in control of the game

you had a harsh peno given in your favour and were hoofing the ball quite a bit. we had missed 3 solid chances before you lot got the pen, and even then it was against the run of play for you

and you created nothing in the second half bar a deflected shot from that mule of a number 9 pretending to be a footballer... you were definitely watching a different game. we had 4 absolute gems of chances, each one made a balls of by an inability to header the ball

and its definitely not a lack of ambition on our behalf, its a lack of ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Pighead wrote: »

I'm surprised that lad doesn't get sent off every week. After only 5 minutes of the match the guy beside me remarked, "That dirty gurrier's going to be sent off before half time."

Also, winning a cheat penalty by throwing yourself onto the ground in the penalty area hardly qualifies as being "well in control of the game".

The most notable thing for me was that it was the best performance by a ref that I've seen in years in the LoI. OK, he was conned by the 'penalty', but overall he seemed to understand the rules of the game which makes a pleasant change.

DSB wrote: »
    Thats a bit ridiculous to be fair. I can't imagine anyone would go to a LOI match to prove a point, except those who go to say 'well I saw it and it was ****'. .

Nobody would even have to do that. Who is to know if any of us really go? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

PDN wrote: »
    The most notable thing for me was that it was the best performance by a ref that I've seen in years in the LoI

thats saying something, coz i didnt think he was great at all

better than that useless mess who did the sligo game tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

1-0 to The Big Club, J.Byrne peno!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

cant believe this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The guy Twigg is a finisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, that was a smash and grab wasn't it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Beautiful. Just Beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The guy Twigg is a finisher.

Yeah, he murdered us in Galway a few weeks ago. Great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Were you at the game? Waterford had the better of it I thought, though we had more chances to win the game. Draw was fair result though. Just a pity a few of those chances didn't fall to McMillan instead of Kilduff- the guy can't finish to save his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Best team won on the night. We create nothing in the middle when Deegan isnt playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

if twigg keeps this form up, there's a danger he won't be with Rovers for much longer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That was nice.

Some late goal karma returning. Far too many times are late Crowe/Byrne/Hunt goals at Dalymount scratched into memory. :)

They're not invincible..they're not invincible..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Jaysus christ there were some angry Bohs fans causing a ruckus in town tonight, was glad to see Rovers win. Shels weren't particularly great in Kildare, but were worthy of the 3 nil win. I don't think we'll be seeing too many hammerings of them anyway, the new manager has them playing somewhat ok football, so I think we missed the boat on being able to score at will against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bohs fans caused a ruckus out by the Long Mile Road at about 6.30 aswell according to a fellow red I was talking to at the Shels match, bout 60 BSC along with a few BSS one of the lads had his head bandaged up.

As for the Shels match, well jaysis thank God that is over.:o

Wonder how long before they get bored of not being allowed into matches and go pick a new way of finding people to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Was driving up the belgard road before the match an there was about 50 bohs "fans" and around 25 rovers "fans" causing ****e. Apprently there was a few bodies with the bohs fans that came over from wrexham.
    Also as I was driving, I seen a paramedic holding his head, looked like he got a dig or something. Never understand that!
    On the pitch, the match was crap until rovers scored. Cant see that gary twigg lad been with rovers for much longer if he keeps up the form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Highlights of Galway United v Bray Wanderers in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1oOQsot-hc&fmt=22

• Advertisement

Just in. Magic robbery. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thank you FC Shamrock.

Were you at the game? Waterford had the better of it I thought, though we had more chances to win the game. Draw was fair result though. Just a pity a few of those chances didn't fall to McMillan instead of Kilduff- the guy can't finish to save his life.

Aye, was there. We had enough chances to nick it, though they did earn their point - no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Hmmm. We were seriously lacking in punch last night. No Ndo, no Deegan, no Crowe for most of it. In short, no spark. And Murph having a rare off night that he could have timed better.

But no excuses. They wanted it more, and we let them have it. Still... 'We're from Dublin and we're better than you.' :p

PS: Latest bizarre Alan Kellyism: carding Anto Murphy for wasting time on a throw-in... while Shamrock made a substitution. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

SectionF wrote: »
    Hmmm. We were seriously lacking in punch last night. No Ndo, no Deegan, no Crowe for most of it. In short, no spark. And Murph having a rare off night that he could have timed better.

But no excuses. They wanted it more, and we let them have it. Still... 'We're from Dublin and we're better than you.' :p

PS: Latest bizarre Alan Kellyism: carding Anto Murphy for wasting time on a throw-in... while Shamrock made a substitution. :eek:

Eh bohs were time wasting from the 15th minute on which shows a serious lack of ambition to finish off the game. The ref rightly got a pain in the arse with it and when rovers made a substitution, Murphy just stood there long after the substitution wasting time and that was why he was booked.

Spotted Nutsy in the Maldron Hotel before the game chatting with some hoops. He must have known every second Rovers supporter that walked by. Man is such a closet hoop it's painful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Was at the Rovers Bohs game.

Pretty dire match altogether, but my oh my! What a finish! The place erupted! Amazing!
    That last ten minutes for me made it better than the first home game.

But Hey, does anyone know what happened down the Rovers end when the Gardai had to ask one of the Bohs subs warming up to move away?

There was such a huge reaction from the crowd, he must've done something but I didn't see it.

stovelid wrote: »
    Man is such a closet hoop it's painful. :)

Nothing closet about it but as long as he keeps doing a professional job at Bohs it doesnt matter who he supports.
    Pedro K wrote: »

But Hey, does anyone know what happened down the Rovers end when the Gardai had to ask one of the Bohs subs warming up to move away?

There was such a huge reaction from the crowd, he must've done something but I didn't see it.

He said something apparently, just missed it myself, turned around and fat Alan Carr and his stone island crew were going nuts while fenn was just laughing, guard asked fenn to move away and that was it.

Was horrible sitting down that end of the ground for the game, at least I didnt have to pay in, thank you very much Mr Deans.

Nothing closet about it but as long as he keeps doing a professional job at Bohs it doesnt matter who he supports.

He said something apparently, just missed it myself, turned around and fat Alan Carr and his stone island crew were going nuts while fenn was just laughing, guard asked fenn to move away and that was it.

Was horrible sitting down that end of the ground for the game, at least I didnt have to pay in, thank you very much Mr Deans.
    Don't suppose you were standing right at the end of the stand in around the front few rows were you?

There was some chap down there, near me, and the steward was saying things to him about his cousin that plays for Boh's or something along those lines. And said fan was kind of "shh, don't be saying that out loud".

• Advertisement

No, I was down towards the front but the second blocks from the end, I certainly wasnt the only Bohs fan stuck in the Rovers section.

No, I was down towards the front but the second blocks from the end, I certainly wasnt the only Bohs fan stuck in the Rovers section.
    I'd say there was quite a few alright. Stadium seemed oversold.

Some chap in front of me went to hand the woman at the turnstieles a tenner and asks, "can ya pay in here?".

She was just like, "Eh, no. And even if you could, it's sold out".

It took all my restraint to just not say somethin to the guy... like, are you for real man!!

I very much doubt the ground is being oversold.

What happens is that people tend to congregate in certain places and leave seats empty elsewhere. Supporters tend to gravitate to the singing section, or the section(s) near it because the atmosphere is better. It's easier to spot the displaced fans standing than a hundred plus empty seats scattered around.

AFAIK, Fenn warmed up beside the singers, and words were exchanged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Talk about shocking pink :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I was behind the car park goal rather than the lower family section which was empty to start with. You could easily fill the seat cordon and the empty ones behind with the excess from the singing section and those behind the goal.

It'll all be easier when the opposite stand is built..

And on the weekend Twigg goes about getting the May gong, he gets the April player of the month..€15,000. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Some goal from Jay O Shea :eek:

Advertisement