Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doctor in town?

Options
  • 14-05-2009 9:39am

hey what would be a handy doctor to goto at short notice in galway? i've got flu so i need to get me some antibiotics..

i have a car so a quieter place a little bit out would be perfect..

thanks

Comments

There is a doctor in the shopping center that you dont need an appointment for but dont know how busy it gets. Try here "Turloughmore Medical Centre 091 79 71 06" there are a few doctors out there and I have used most of them although they can be booked up but you could be lucky. Its not far past Claregalway so wouldn't take long during the day with no traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

I usually refer patients to Dr. Sinead Murphy on Merchant's Rd. She's very nice and the clinic is fairly new, so it's often easy enough to get an appointment on short notice. There are two large carparks on the street near her surgery.

She's got a great website too - http://galwaybaymedicalcentre.ie/

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

the flu is a virus, antibiotics do nothing for it so your wasting your time and money. your better off taking a few panadol, wrapping up warm, going to bed and sweating it out.

went to a doctor in westdoc in liosban.. he prescribed me antibiotics.

it was weird tho. i explain how i feel, then he checks my mouth, ears and breathing. next he's like, "so you need a cert for being of work?"

in there for all of 5 mins, can't read the writing on the cert so dunno what he diagnosed me with.. and 50euro down.

Advertisement