Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending off for your pink licence.

• 14-05-2009 10:06am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, passed my test, have the cert. I have my provisional and my cage diriving licence. I have 4 signed passport photos.

I have a cheque for €15 - but who do I make it out to? Then, what address do I sent it all off to? You'd think it would be obvious on the form but maybe I'm blind...

Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

If you already have a full licence in date its free they just add the A on as far as i know.
    I think you can make it out to the minister of transport! but i dont think you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    If you already have a full licence in date its free they just add the A on as far as i know.
    I think you can make it out to the minister of transport! but i dont think you need it.

Correct - I recently applied for my full A licence and also had a full cage licence - they put both categorys on one pink licence and sent me back the cheque as its free to have a category added - so dont bother with the cheque.

You'll only need 2 photos as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

Free, just need the cert and photos.

Congrats BTW :D

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

What kept you sending it off ye muppet :D , another month of restriction for you so :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I know, I know...

Took me bloody ages to get sorted with Passport photo's etc and then I could not find my cage licence. It's off in the post now anyway.

Question: Now that I will only have one licence, am I supposed to keep with with me no matter where I go? I liked having two seperate licences cause I could keep one in each vehicle. If I photocopied it and kept the real one in the cage and the copy on the bike, woudl that do or will they get all p!ssy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

Zascar wrote: »
    I know, I know...

Took me bloody ages to get sorted with Passport photo's etc and then I could not find my cage licence. It's off in the post now anyway.

Question: Now that I will only have one licence, am I supposed to keep with with me no matter where I go? I liked having two seperate licences cause I could keep one in each vehicle. If I photocopied it and kept the real one in the cage and the copy on the bike, woudl that do or will they get all p!ssy?

Yep...you can get a penalty point for not having it with you. Its a serious pain in the ass trying to remember to take it out of car and put into jacket and vice versa. I only have mine with me half the time as a result...doubt they'll accept a photocopy but very much depends on the enforcing officer and his mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I know, I know...

Do you not have a wallet you can throw it into? Have heard of the photocopying route but you could get done by a jobsworth in a bad mood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

Here's what happened to me years ago, lost my license it had among other stuff a B and an A.
    was issued a duplicate, then the original (lost) one turned up - so had one for the two wheels and one for the four wheels
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement