Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there really that big a difference??

Options
  • 14-05-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

hey guys just saved up about 250 to buy my first airsoft gun,i was looking to buy an m4a1 of some kind and after reading up about some of the best brands i was set to buy either a tokyo marui or a g&g m4.My query would just be that after checking up on other brands such as d-boys and echo 1 i seen that they offer m4's at much lower prices and yet have the same fps as the higher market airsoft guns,for instance i seen that the d-boys full metal m4 is around 120 dollars,whereas the g&g m4 is about 350 dollars.Im starting to have second thoughts now on splashing out the extra money on the dearer airsoft guns,is there really that big a difference in the two?? Am i wasting my money buying g&g when i can buy D-boys??? If someone could get back to me on this it would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Internals are great in dboys but in my opinion there are better and more reliable internals in TM guns and definitely better accuracy stock, but better again are the g&g range, their plastica range of m4s are supposed to be the one of best "budget" rifles available. If i were you i'd get one of those plastica m4s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 UCD dude

sounds good and thanks for the info! just wondering is the g&g plastica made from plastic and not metal?? also whats your opinions on this g&g m4 as i was considering buying it...what you think of the asking price etc? thanks again http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557622

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

As the owner of a dboys and a g&g I can tell you without doubt the g&g is by far and away a better piece of kit. Have 2 g&g's, the one you linked to above (cqb/h) and a plastica m4. You could pick up the metal m4 in eirsoft, if Tony has them in, for €250ish.
    I know a lot of people are more than happy with their dboys too but I never was really convinced with the reliability of my own. Either way, it's a nice decision to be making on a miserable Thur afternoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

both dboys and G&G are good it just depends on how much money you have to spend, i wouldnt get a plastic receiver m4 though! saw my mate running with a plastic m4 trip, and fall and then it was a 2 peice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Gettin a G&G soon heard they are the best..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Dboys is more than good enough for a starter gun, don't bother with a high end for your first gun, you won't appreciate the benefits as you won't know what they are, and will likely wreck it a little.

The dboys is solid, reliable and the finish is quite nice on them these days.

The g&g will have some accuracy and build benefits and rof, but for a gun you will be working on first time, cleaning first time, skirmishing first time, get the dboys, make sure its under a joule though, they are hot stock, so get one from an irish retailer or pay for a downgrade at point of sale.

Spend the extra few bob on some stupid accessories for it or mags instead of the g&g, you can always sell it after and upgrade ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Having gone for a high end from the word go myself, i can say from experience that it doesnt make that much difference. I went for a CA36K (300quid) and while it didnt cause me a bit of trouble (till i had it 9 months and i put a 9.6v battery in) and the externals were great, i had not a bit of money for anything else. It took me a few months the get some camo, i have'nt got a vest, and to this day Ive survived on only two high cap mags! You're better of getting a cheaper gun and getting a bunch of spare mags/tac vest/decent camo or other things that you will probably end up having longer than the gun itself!

Advertisement