Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy chickens?

Options
  • 14-05-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Cork and I want to get a couple of chickens over the next couple of weeks. I've a large garden with lots of bushes, grass, bare ground and hidey-holes, so I'm sure they'll be very happy.

Had a quick google but nothing jumped out at me in terms of where to source them. I'm happy enough with hybrids. Gonna get one of those "Egloos" to house them in too (though I don't know why they can't make them look more "natural").

Anyway, can anyone recommend a supplier, preferably in Munster?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Hen-ry O Neill's in Cappaquin.
    afuchickendance.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

I am in East Cork and we have a hen that just hatched 8 chicks , we won't know how many are male or female for a few weeks but you can pm me if you want more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

bertie1 wrote: »
    I am in East Cork and we have a hen that just hatched 8 chicks , we won't know how many are male or female for a few weeks but you can pm me if you want more details

Ooh, they look gorgeous. I'll show my wife later and see what she thinks. Just gonna send you a PM now. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goodie09

Hi there,
    Would like to buy some chickens to keep in my back garden. I am ideally looking for 3 Rhode Island Red hens. Can anyone help? I am willing to travel to collect within Leinster area.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If you are ever near Roscommon call Paul Tighe on (087)2504432 - he is a commercial supplier of laying and broiling birds. Mostly he has ISA browns which are very like RIR's but more hardy and better layers.

Otherwise the Birds section of Donedeal.ie has plenty to check out

• Advertisement
Advertisement