Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pockets handed back to Mikey Carr.

• 14-05-2009 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I see Pockets is back with Mikey Carr again, will it revert back to its old ways? Was chatting to him recently and he wants a rock & metal theme. Will he keep the Lifford name?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There was always nice looking bar staff there anyway years ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bring back the Pocket Girls.............

Don't know what would be the best move for the place, is there a market for rock/metal in Ennis anymore? I think the trendy bar has been done so hopefully it won't be turned into that, imvho what Ennis needs is a local type bar that you can go in there any time day or night and have a pint, rather than some interior designers wet dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

old pockets was good in its day, biscuits ruined it when he took over,
    i'd like if it went back to its old way, bring back the pool tables and some new video game machines, anyone remember years ago you could by a pitcher of beer there, and bring back the stunners behind the bar, no men allowed please....pity i'm getting too old for pockets now ! its been 5 years since it was "good"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

It seems to have made with the techno/electronic crowd now so i doubt it would revert back, it would be nice for some more "alternative" pubs as said below, nothing classy just comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Haven't been there for a few years so I couldn't say what it's been like since. The best time I think was when they opened the smoking area out the back. There was lots of space. You had the loud front bar, and the quiet back bar with lots of places to sit down. Pool tables, a few video games. Done.

I'd imagine it could do with a bit of a refurbishment at this stage as well. Nothing too fancy, just tidy it up a little bit.

They're going to struggle to get people in with so much competition now though. Cheap drink will be key.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Clareman wrote: »
    Bring back the Pocket Girls.............

Don't know what would be the best move for the place, is there a market for rock/metal in Ennis anymore? I think the trendy bar has been done so hopefully it won't be turned into that, imvho what Ennis needs is a local type bar that you can go in there any time day or night and have a pint, rather than some interior designers wet dream

I think he may be trying to hit the Biker sceen again, the Lifford Arms was the origional drinking venue for the Banner MCC back in the 90ies. He has a rock & metal DJ on this weekend, should be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

MT Pockets audience for the last 10 years has always been scumbags. That means bad house music and hip hop at ear bleeding volume. Metal and classic rock would empty the place out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

MT Pockets audience for the last 10 years has always been scumbags. That means bad house music and hip hop at ear bleeding volume. Metal and classic rock would empty the place out.
    A small audience listening to rock & metal drinking pints is better than a full house listening to rave, dropping pills and drinking tap water from the jacks :)

Advertisement