Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Party collections outside churches.

Options
  • 14-05-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I was driving through Cavan town yesterday and saw a poster advertising a church collection for Fianna Fail for this weekend :eek: I moved to Cavan from Dublin last year and maybe this practice occurs in Dublin also (I havnt been to church in a long time) but I couldnt believe the cheek of a political party to expect people to contribute to them especially when people are losing jobs and have less spending money mainly due to the same parties policies.

I assume that not just FF do these collections?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

gazzer wrote: »
    I assume that not just FF do these collections?
    I haven't seen any others do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

jimmy guerin outside bayside church but then he's ol ff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

theese kind of collections have always been commonplace in rural ireland , of course you only ever see two parties collecting as only two parties exist in rural ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

FG do them aswell. I only know this because one of the local councilors broke the poster laws by putting them up outside the church (was about two or three weeks ago) on the day of the collection.

Advertisement