Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Not So Serious UCD After Hours Thread

Options
  • 14-05-2009 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

I know it's a bit late in the game to be doing this but sure feck it anyway. With the fact that this forum has gone to the dogs with seriousness etc... and that anything that seems to be unconventional such as:

Knacker Drinking,
    Craic Soc,
    UCD Tunnels,
    Apathy to SU Sabbatical Elections,
    Apathy in general to UCD and the serious nature of the UCD Boards forum.

This thread is dedicated entirely to off-the-wall topics, albeit a kind of 'after hours' thread, discussing issues ranging from dogs to dole!

The purpose of this thread is for people to talk about stuff freely e.g. Dublin-Culchie Divide, the tunnels, drinking sessions, super league teams, people that annoy you, good looking birds/lads, stupid things you've heard people say etc... without the usual 'wet blanket' moaning posts: "no that is wrong, a woman/man is not an object, etc..."

So, work away!

P.S.
    Anyone posting something along the lines of: "Oh you're such a radical, way to go to 'stick it' to the man!":rolleyes:

My preemptive response is: I don't care, if you don't want to read stuff that isn't serious and academic related, then don't read it.;)

For everybody else, enjoy!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

tumbleweed.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

My right elbow is ****ing killin' me. Whats with that? And no, before you say, it wasn't anything related to having a thomas the tank!

oooh, and I finished my exams, so I'm gettin heavily drunk tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

it is a shame that this forum seemed to turn into some kind of neo-conservative safe-haven, maybe they put something in the water at the same time they brought in Pulse in order to completely decimate fun altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

griffdaddy wrote: »
    it is a shame that this forum seemed to turn into some kind of neo-conservative safe-haven, maybe they put something in the water at the same time they brought in Pulse in order to completely decimate fun altogether.

If you ask me, that's a response to those incidents, in the last year, where the "fun" went too far. The snowballing / bullying business, the parties where safety equipment got damaged, and so on. There are signs up on campus today warning about a stolen shipment of Rohypnol ending up in your drink. Why must every drinking session end up, it seems, with someone in hospital or catching Chlamydia? The fun will come back once people learn a little moderation. :p

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

this not so serious thread just became pretty serious....

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    If you ask me, that's a response to those incidents, in the last year, where the "fun" went too far. The snowballing / bullying business, the parties where safety equipment got damaged, and so on. There are signs up on campus today warning about a stolen shipment of Rohypnol ending up in your drink. Why must every drinking session end up, it seems, with someone in hospital or catching Chlamydia? The fun will come back once people learn a little moderation. :p
    Well if it is the case (i'm not saying it isn't) than it seems to manifest disproportionately on this message forum. it seems there's still fun to be had in real world ucd, but virtual ucd has become a bit barren

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Well if it is the case (i'm not saying it isn't) than it seems to manifest disproportionately on this message forum. it seems there's still fun to be had in real world ucd, but virtual ucd has become a bit barren

we need a shake up! young blood etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

we need a shake up! young blood etc.

I think all the decent posters left and were replaced by morons.

Sure thats what low arts points and free fees bring in :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

Grimes wrote: »

ow

anyway, reckon ents will do a good job next year? wonder if we can finally get cans in the bars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

So... anyone want to buy a few thousand sedatives?

<_<

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

33% God wrote: »
    So... anyone want to buy a few thousand sedatives?

<_<

>_>

<_<

man i was tempted to put up a sign like that on some of the posters about watching your drinks in clubs around the library today

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think all the decent posters left and were replaced by morons.

I'm still here Grimey!

Bring back Snorlax I say. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

Ironic thread starter... ;)

Did anyone else live off 911's donut special for the last couple months? When I was doing daily 10 hour library stints, I'd have it at least twice a day. I didn't even have to ask the dude in there for what I wanted. It shall be missed.

ianthefox wrote: »

Did anyone else live off 911's donut special for the last couple months? When I was doing daily 10 hour library stints, I'd have it at least twice a day. I didn't even have to ask the dude in there for what I wanted. It shall be missed.

I ****ing did. Ill have a chicken roll. Hold the menacing glares please ! I love 911.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I ****ing did. Ill have a "chicken" roll. Hold the menacing glares please ! I love 911.

FYP

I ****ing did. Ill have a chicken roll. Hold the menacing glares please ! I love 911.

the 911 in the vet building is SOOO much better!
    you get your rolls/sandwiches on a plate (albeit a plastic plate but still) and you get to pour your own milk in your tea/coffee!
    and the service is actually good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

ianthefox wrote: »

Fun thing, during Freshers week they gave boxes of donuts to a few of the soceities - Gamesoc got 2 or 3 a day.

I may have lived off those and pizza that week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Donuts don't go well with my pristine skin so I have not eaten any in the past 4 years.

/dead silence

*pulls trousers down and starts dancing*

Wooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Raphael wrote: »
    Fun thing, during Freshers week they gave boxes of donuts to a few of the soceities - Gamesoc got 2 or 3 a day.

I may have lived off those and pizza that week...

I remember the year Netsoc had blue slush puppies (with an awful lot of syrup) on their stand during fresher's week... them + donuts + other rubbish = instant diabetes!

• Advertisement

i always meant to explore the food outposts around ucd actually. I saw a guy eating a bagel from bagel bar or the bagel factory one day in a computer lab. Is there either of those around the campus? I was tempted to go searching but i had to cut down on my random wandering in final year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

I love those mint crisp bars that the SU shops sell. it would be brilliant if there was a bagel bar in UCD! although i don't mind the bagels in elements, they're quite delicious. also the lasagne is pretty tasty. is this turning into a food thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

The quality of food on campus is quite an interesting topic,no?

But,to steer it in another direction,I am going to miss being on campus in Merville for all its quirks.Being able to have conversations with people at eleven at night,wandering over to someone else's house if you're bored,seeing ducks outside your window...:D

The electricity cards..not so much.Although even they have a certain charm when you run out the night before an exam and frantically try and make up a fiver from coppers on the ground so you can have tea in the morning!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Being woken at 4 in the morning by fire alarms, having people wandering up to your window when you;re trying to work/sleep and banging on the windows for kicks (that one's mainly a ground floor problem)... Personally, I ain't gonna miss Merville that much =)

Some little blonde prick spat on my car as I drove into Belgrove. By the time I parked and got back (looking to knock 6 shades of **** into a first year) they had gone. I wont be missing res

Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭c7

Here here! They finally decided to enforce that "no noise after 11" rule on the second last day of exams, typical!. The combination of that stern warning that came in the door and pulse (who were only around for an hour) really didn't make much difference! Although, I will miss waking up 5 minutes before lectures!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

i must admit, i live nearly an hour and a half away from UCD but i still preferred travelling to some of the stuff my mates had to put up with in residence. also the bus is a wonderful place to study for exams : )

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Raphael wrote: »
    Being woken at 4 in the morning by fire alarms, having people wandering up to your window when you;re trying to work/sleep and banging on the windows for kicks (that one's mainly a ground floor problem)... Personally, I ain't gonna miss Merville that much =)

First floor is where it's at.;)

Although I agree that being woken at 4am by fire alarms is not fun.=_=

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

I'm really liking the sound of these tunnels, just to see 'em! anyone here ever been in them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement