Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí to stand trial in connection with alleged assault on teenager

• 14-05-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

I think that this is disgraceful. 4 Gardai should not have to stand trial for giving a person from a lower social ecconomic group an alleged hideing. It's just not right. The Gards should be able to do what ever they like.

From Breaking news.ie
    Four gardaí will stand trial after allegedly assaulting a teenager, a court heard today.

Garda Alan Conlon, Garda Claire Delaney, Garda Eoin Murtagh and Garda Sean O’Leary, who are all based in Dublin city centre, have been charged with assault causing harm and forcible entry.

Three of the accused are also charged with false imprisonment.

The charges relate to an incident at Basin Street flats in the south inner city on February 17, 2008 where the teenager’s mother alleged her son was attacked and a complaint was later made to the Garda Ombudsman.

All four appeared briefly before Dublin District Court, where they were served with the Book of Evidence.

Judge Eamon O’Brien, who sent the defendants forward for trial at the next sitting of Dublin’s Circuit Criminal Court in June, ordered the addresses of the gardai not to be disclosed.

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I've heard enough about Gardaí giving beatings to people. Tis about time I heard of someone actually standing up to them.

Proper order.

I think that this is disgraceful. 4 Gardai should not have to stand trial for giving a person from a lower social ecconomic group an alleged hideing. It's just not right. The Gards should be able to do what ever they like.

Are you serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well i count the times gardai have failed me and people i know to a large degree - 3 times but they once helped us out so i count 2 gardai failures - one more and they will be back up to 3 and ill have to write some sort of letter.

Gardai and goverment personel who fail in their duties or steal or assault or get away with things others do not should be punished. i hope all 4 gardai get named and shamed on the front page of a few papers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's plenty of people knocking around and the only thing they'd understand is a good hiding.
      Little mouthy scumbags who get away with murder at home and "know thier rights" when the cops go to tackle them.
      Dirty little shiites,we need a few Lugs Brannigan style cops to give them proper justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Degsy wrote: »
      There's plenty of people knocking around and the only thing they'd understand is a good hiding.
      Little mouthy scumbags who get away with murder at home and "know thier rights" when the cops go to tackle them.
      Dirty little shiites,we need a few Lugs Brannigan style cops to give them proper justice.

+ 1.

Beatings for all I say!

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

they deserved the beating preoper order. you just know theyw ere causing ****

QFT

The same people here giving out about the Gardai I'm sure would be the same people who'd be giving out stink about the guards not being able to do shít when it came to some little scumbags in their area making their lives hell.

What exactly do you want to happen? The scum to get a nice little settlement? Go and ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

easyeason3 wrote: »

Beatings for some !

Miniature beatings for others !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

:eek:

regob wrote: »
      they deserved the beating preoper order. you just know theyw ere causing ****

And the mother too..seeing she was the one who alleged the assault...probably in her PJs.
      So what were the cops doing at her flat in the first place if the kid was completely innocent?
      These people and thier waster parents make me sick.

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So instead of thugs running round the streets chased by Gardai, we have thugs chased by uniformed thugs, the latter less accountable to the law than the former.
      Little mouthy scumbags who get away with murder at home and "know thier rights" when the cops go to tackle them..

Whats that got to do with this case, exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
      What exactly do you want to happen? The scum to get a nice little settlement? Go and ****e.
      Yes, of course. A person being opposed to garda violence could only be in favour of thugs getting a nice little settlement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

And the mother too..seeing she was the one who alleged the assault...probably in her PJs

O look, wild speculation and the attempt to besmirch by implying stereotypes.
      So what were the cops doing at her flat in the first place if the kid was completely innocent?.

I was unaware that Gardai automatically manifested at the home of wrong doers with unerring accuracy. Why bother with trials, following that logic....

To invert the question, if this person was guilty of something, why wasn't he arrested and charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

i agree to a point because this country is out of control with violent thugs, who dont fear the justice system.

But in this case, its pure stupidity on the part of the Gardaì.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Nodin wrote: »
      So instead of thugs running round the streets chased by Gardai, we have thugs chased by uniformed thugs, the latter less accountable to the law than the former.

Whats that got to do with this case, exactly?

Say goodbye to your ass, it's about to be owned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Nodin wrote: »

To invert the question, if this person was guilty of something, why wasn't he arrested and charged?

Quite a lot of the time someone is guilty but it cannot be proven, or they get off on a technicality.

Justice is NOT always served... particularly in this country.

if the kids were in fear of getting abeating they might not behave with quite the same antisocial exuberance they display at the moment.

The fact is that they're afraid of practically nothing except losing face,a publicly administered beating or some form of humiliating community service would work wonders.

Say goodbye to your ass, it's about to be owned.

Ignore him,its easier that way!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There should be more of this kind of action by the Gardai. Fcuk the little scumbag, it's nothing his father shouldn't have given him.

Ignore him,its easier that way!:D

Ah thats no fun...tie them up in knots...as is your Forté.

• Advertisement

The fact anyone even leans towards questioning the guards using a heavy hand on the scum of the country
      Are no better then that scum.

I’d say it is a great feeling to arrest a silky tracksuited scumbag. Sticking a good sharp knee in the back and a hand on the hand head to acquaint the lowlife with mr. pavement, makes you almost want to join the guards.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
      There should be more of this kind of action by the Gardai. Fcuk the little scumbag, it's nothing his father shouldn't have given him.

If his scumbag mother knows who the father is.

Its the lack of a father in a lot of these households that cause the problem,obviously the mothers never heard of contraception but they DID hear about the free accomadation for unmarried mothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 yeneewss

Presume you are being sarcastic? I mean, the Gardai do do what they like - they drive without indicating, cut red lights, park where they want - edge of kerbs, bus stops, they have even taken over all the on street parking in Church Street at the back of the Bridewell, never come when you want them, hassle kids on street corners for playing football but never deal with the teenage/"foreign national" drinking/drug-taking in public parks. What's assaulting a teenager in the scheme of things! After all, the Gardai in Ireland are literally untouchable - no-one confronts them about anything, even the small things like illegal parking, so why should they worry. And their attitude to drug dealers/halting sites full of ammunition and weapons is "why pursue it, they will only get off with a minor sentence when they get to Court anway", so why bother. Of course, with judges who take into consideration their drug addiction, poor family history, etc. and hand down pathetic sentences, who can blame them on that one. 12 years for cutting two women up and disposing of the bodies but serving not even half that! Justice in Ireland is a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

+1 for Degsy,

Beatings for some, miniature American flags for others.

but they DID hear about the free accomadation for unmarried mothers.

It's the first thing they hear when they splodge out of the heroin lined womb.

+1 for Degsy,

Beatings for some, miniature American flags for others.

American flags for some, Sterilization additives put the water supply for others.

It's the first thing they hear when they splodge out of the heroin lined womb.

Yep,they've turned having bastard kids into a career choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Sterilization additives put the water supply for others.

that is something we should strongly consider.

I'd rather see this little scumbag get a few boxes around the head rather than a suspended sentence from some old fart out of touch judge.

There is zero consequence for scum crime now, they compare rap sheets and admire the person with the most convictions.

If I was ever convicted for even a minor crime like cannabis possession for personal use (E.G!) it’d have a cataclysmic impact on my life.

For them, class A drug possessions, assaults of every kind, robberies of every kind and even murders have them nipping in and out of prison where while in there they team up with their mates and order dominos and play pool.

If I was a multi-millionaire I’d buy Roscommon (as it would not be missed) and build the scariest fukkin prison Europe has ever seen…no privileges, no rights and ‘power sprinklers’ in ever cell so if the little ruddagers wanna get smart with durty protests they’d have the Shannon river to rinse them off.

And also…the royal crap would be beaten out of them on a daily basis.

Dont really want this to sound like a rant about 'the system', the main point is...no matter what the source is they deserve every slap they get.

• Advertisement

Itsdacraic wrote: »
      that is something we should strongly consider.

I'd rather see this little scumbag get a few boxes around the head rather than a suspended sentence from some old fart out of touch judge.

A few months in mountjoy is no deterent anyway,half thier family and friends are in there.
      These idiots regard St Pats as being thier primary school and Montjoy thier secondary school.
      They regard having done a bit of "bird" as a badge of honour.
      Utter,utter scum.

Advertisement