Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí to stand trial in connection with alleged assault on teenager

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Degsy wrote: »
    There's plenty of people knocking around and the only thing they'd understand is a good hiding.
    Little mouthy scumbags who get away with murder at home and "know thier rights" when the cops go to tackle them.
    Dirty little shiites,we need a few Lugs Brannigan style cops to give them proper justice.

Actually I disagree.

Lugs Brannigan and his ilk were/are nothing but bullies & scumbags.

And further more the same sh*tbag who feels he's above the law because he's the one enforcing sections of it is the same bollox who'll do you for a few KPH over the limit, or who'll carry out mandatory breath testing on you this weekend or next yet feel that by flashing his badge he's above the same law's.

Irish society is right to stand up to this type of abuse, we've doffed our hat's for long enough at our 'betters', ie priests, doctors, police, bankers etc and it suits these bullies to have you and I feel that we're still on our knee's.

We're not living in our parents & grandparents shadows anymore Degsy, and just because this lad is living at the bottom of the food chain doesn't mean its ok to abuse or assault him, or indeed for us to look down on him.

Right or wrong, the courts will sit in judgement over the guards actions - and guilty or not guilty this just might be the start of people in authority in this god forsaken country to feel their also accountable for their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

How exactly did they "attack" him ? It doesn't say anywhere that they kicked the sh!t out of him, we all know these situations can be manipulated. You could have a situation where a person is resisting arrest, the guards drag him to the ground and now all of a sudden they're "assaulting" him.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

A few months in mountjoy is no deterent anyway,half thier family and friends are in there.
    These idiots regard St Pats as being thier primary school and Montjoy thier secondary school.
    They regard having done a bit of "bird" as a badge of honour.
    Utter,utter scum.

Take a deep breath and go to your happy place....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

I don't think anyone can really assume anything about these types of cases unless they were actually there.
    Regardless of where the person is from it does not mean he was causing trouble.
    I know someone who's been arrested for not moving off a public path before and did nothing. Mistakes can be made, gardai can be wrong, so can people. It all depends on the individual case in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Rics wrote: »
    I don't think anyone can really assume anything about these types of cases unless they were actually there.

Well actually we can, this is AH. In AH someone could assume that the sun is going to burn out tomorrow and somebody will agree and then it will gain enough support to be actually true.

It's a magical,wondrous place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Actually I disagree.

indeed.
    If people are ok with sanctioning shitheads like 'lugs' to beat people as they see fit they have no right to complain when they're given a beating because the gardai felt like it.

Something people like to conveniently forget when they champion 'backalley justice' or whatever they are calling their revenge fantasies this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Say goodbye to your ass, it's about to be owned.

So far it seems to be fine where it is.
    John Mc wrote:
    Quite a lot of the time someone is guilty but it cannot be proven, or they get off on a technicality.

Justice is NOT always served... particularly in this country.

And that relates to this case how...?
    Degsy wrote:
    if the kids were in fear of getting abeating they might not behave with quite the same antisocial exuberance they display at the moment.

The fact is that they're afraid of practically nothing except losing face,a publicly administered beating or some form of humiliating community service would work wonders. .

Such was the case for much of the last 500 years. It didn't work.
    Degsy wrote:

Ignore him,its easier that way!.

So you've no answer to the questions posed in posts 12 and 14 then....

Degsy wrote:
    If his scumbag mother knows who the father is.

Its the lack of a father in a lot of these households that cause the problem,obviously the mothers never heard of contraception but they DID hear about the free accomadation for unmarried mothers. .

A red herring? Flame bait? Or just talking crap? It's a shame I can't insert a poll.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Actually I disagree.

Well they were using fire to fight fire then.

Lugs Brannigan and his merry men broke up plenty of altercations the old fashioned way and spent less time clogging up the courts.
    I'm not blindly pro-gardai as such but i think thier job has become nearly impossible due to the level of disrespect a lot of young cnunts show to everybody and everything.
    I'll give you an example.
    There was adocu about lawless irieland ona while back and it showed three arseholes kicking the window out of a bus while it was moving.
    The fool who did it tried to cahnge places on the bus but stayed on it till it was his stop.
    Accordingto the presenter,he was so well known he was apprehended soon afterwards.
    fair enough,except he was on the same bus bragging about it a while later(i heard him),he was bragging about what he'd done,the fact that nobody had stopped him and that he'd gotten a "charge sheet".
    In the eyes of his two mates he was a hero...despite the fact that a busw indow landing on somebody couldve killed them.
    What he really needed was an excercise in humiliation...Maybe strip him naked and kick him round the streets,get him to beg on camera and show that for him to brag about.
    Trust me,if i'd been on the bus when he did it,he'd be following the glass onto the street but then i'd probably go to jail.
    And sorry,but if the cops breathalise me they're not going to find anything so i couldnt care less about them doing it.

indeed.
    If people are ok with sanctioning shitheads like 'lugs' to beat people as they see fit they have no right to complain when they're given a beating because the gardai felt like it.

Something people like to conveniently forget when they champion 'backalley justice' or whatever they are calling their revenge fantasies this time.

So far in this thread I don't think anyone has even bothered to address the facts of the specific case. It's 'bash the scumbag' without a clue who or what the 'scumbag' is supposed to have done, or the cops, for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The little scummer probably deserved it.

• Advertisement

Lugs Brannigan and his merry men broke up plenty of altercations the old fashioned way and spent less time clogging up the courts..

The four Gardai are not being charged with something that happened during the breaking up of an 'altercation'.
    I'm not blindly ........doing it.

And what are the similarities between the incident in question and that one....?
    Holsten wrote:
    The little scummer probably deserved it..

'probably'. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

all they understand is pure violence

Holsten wrote: »
    The little scummer probably deserved it.

More than likely.
    If he did nothing wrong what were the cops doing with him in the first palce?
    MAybe they wanted to hnour him with a medal for outstanding community work and they jabbed him accidentaly with the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Most of the people in here giving out about Lugz, and his style of justice have never been on the receiving end of what the criminals and such are dishing out.

If they or their family were, they would quickly change their tune.

The courts don't offer Justice.

If he did nothing wrong what were the cops doing with him in the first palce?

If he did something wrong, why wasn't he arrested?

Most of the people in here giving out about Lugz, and his style of justice have never been on the receiving end of what the criminals and such are dishing out.

Exactly.
    Most people who harp on about courts and justice and all that bollocks are the first to say "I'd ****in kill them" the first time they fall victim to crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

has anyone even considered that the gardi may not have hit the kid and its just a bs complaint from someone looking to sue the state.

also how do you know the kid has not been charged? the case could be with the ddp

Nodin wrote: »

Who says he wasnt arrested?

Who says he wasnt arrested?

The Gardai.
    According to garda sources, no attempt to arrest the man who claims he was assaulted was made although a considerable number of uniformed gardai were inside the flat.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/nine-gardai-face-investigation-over-claim-of-serious-assault-1311598.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

yes they do, they just don't offer revenge.

People really need to learn the difference between those two words.

• Advertisement

Isnt Justice just revenge served by a different person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Well I dont think the Gardai should be able to do what they like,thats just a plain silly statement.
    However,some people need a clip around the ears.
    As always though,Ill wait until the full facts of the case are made public before I get on my high horse.

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    However,some people need a clip around the ears.
    As always though,Ill wait until the full facts of the case are made public before I get on my high horse.

In the case of an arrestable offence, its always possible that a clip to the ears may occur at some stage between arrest and detention. However, when theres no arrest, a large posse of Gardai and more than a clip, its only right the matter be investigated.

What were the "considerable number of uniformed gardai" doing there if he was a perfectly innocent lad,minding his own business?
    He got a taste of his own medicine thats all,he happened not to like it so he went squealing to make a complaint.

I hate this 'technically' he didnt do anything wrong bull****. 4 Guards were going to this scourge on societies house, what a nasty piece of work this degenerate must be.

Well done, he played the system he is probably never out of and got 4guards charged, but for people to come along here and say ridiculous things like the above quoted then you're just as bad.

I'm disgusted by some of the attitudes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

i agree to a point because this country is out of control with violent thugs,
    No it's not. I have yet to witness any of this social decay. We're no worse than any other developed country, this is a standard side effect of the type of country we've gladly built for ourselves. Beating up people and throwing them in jail won't ever fix it either.

The guards shouldn't be a law onto themselves. They get away with this kind of stuff all the time, perhaps the people deserve it in a one on one confrontation but the guards represent the state and should be above personal vendettas which I've seen happen allot out here in the country at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

I hate this 'technically' he didnt do anything wrong bull****. 4 Guards were going to this scourge on societies house, what a nasty piece of work this degenerate must be.

Well done, he played the system he is probably never out of and got 4guards charged, but for people to come along here and say ridiculous things like the above quoted then you're just as bad.

I'm disgusted by some of the attitudes here.

its do-gooder attitudes like the one you have quoted that have these little scumbags running amok in the first place.

I'm pretty sure when I was a teenegar if a pose of guards came to my house looking for me my mother would never talk to me again.
    She'd be so humiliated that she'd naturally take thier side and certainly wouldnt be making complaints about the guards.
    Thats what people expect now,its never little Jimmy's fault that he's been running amok,its the guards fault for being heavy handed with the poor delicate creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

well i understand both my friend.

Brian Mulvaney was stabbed and killed in Templeogue by an individual who was out on a suspended sentence after being found guilty of a Sect.4 were the injured party lost the use of an eye... Justice i think not.

I was stabbed twice in a bar, by a coked up known scumbag... He walked way scott free.
    Justice? I think not.

I know what justice is, you don't get it in the courts. I can tell you are living in a little ball of cotton. As i said you would change your tune if you or your family were on the receiving end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

In the case of an arrestable offence, its always possible that a clip to the ears may occur at some stage between arrest and detention. However, when theres no arrest, a large posse of Gardai and more than a clip, its only right the matter be investigated.

Ah would you stop. These little fcukers would think nothing of spitting/ hitting/ abusing Guards so I would see it as a perk of the job being able to kick the crap out of them.
    Guards put up with enough bullsh!t from scum as it is so wasting time/ money & resources 'investigating' an 'incident' is yet another way to p!ss money away money we don't have.

Advertisement