Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí to stand trial in connection with alleged assault on teenager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Nodin wrote: »
    Theres this book..."Subtelty in Trolling".....

I am not very subtle, ha, cause I don't ususally troll, but that post just looked so very very angry, didn't want the guy having a heart attack or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I am not very subtle, ha, cause I don't ususally troll, but that post just looked so very very angry, didn't want the guy having a heart attack or something.

...course ye didn't. You just tried to cool his jets for him by chucking a bucket of petrol....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Nodin wrote: »
    ...course ye didn't. You just tried to cool his jets for him by chucking a bucket of petrol....

If thats what you call a bucket of petrol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

goat2 wrote: »
    that is the word of a person who has 27 times come across the gardai before, i would rather hear what the gardai side of this story is, would not take the word of someone who is in the habit of breaking the law

How about not hearing from EITHER guards nor "scumbag"? How about just going to the courts to find out if a search/arrest warrant was issued for the premises and/or individual in question? No warrant = unlawful entry. No arrest warrant = no possibility of resisting arrest hence unlawful assault.
    Very simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 slurcher

k_mac wrote: »
    GSOC decide. They have a set criteria for deciding what is admissable.

The complaint is admissible if:

* It is made by a person who is entitled to complain
    * The alleged behaviour is considered as misbehaviour
    * The complaint is made within the required timeframe
    * The complaint is not false or misleading

If your complaint is inadmissible you will be notified of the reason that it is inadmissible in writing by the Garda Ombudsman

Well if you're gonna make accusations you should really be able to back them up.

I'm sure it has happened but there's no evidence to suggest it in this case. You may not believe that someone would do that but they do. I've seen a person try to hang themselves with their trousers within five minutes of going in the cell. I've also seen someone whip out a razor blade and cut their wrists just to try and infect gardaí and get them in trouble.

I'm referring to complaints that are completely false and made with the sole purpose of wasting time and hopefully getting someone in trouble for nothing.

Yes you do. You've made a number of assumptions and accusations of me based solely on my profession.

I think the show on RTE was a good idea but it should be done in rough areas on weekends. Perhaps if people see the abuse and violence directed toward Gardaí they will adjust their views.

Someone was trying to break in to your house and the Gardaí assaulted him within 5 minutes?

Well if you're gonna make accusations you should really be able to back them up.
    I apologise - it was the waltzing consumer who said it and I thought it was your post I read it from.

I'm referring to complaints that are completely false and made with the sole purpose of wasting time and hopefully getting someone in trouble for nothing.

No complaints have been prooved to be false. If someone makes a complaint, they may have a genuine concern, if they dont feel their concern was address they can pursue another complaint, its democratic.

What assumptions have I made? that when a group of people are given too much power they abuse it?

I think the show on RTE was a good idea but it should be done in rough areas on weekends. Perhaps if people see the abuse and violence directed toward Gardaí they will adjust their views.
    Why do you feel that the police have a harder time in rough areas and what do you think could be done about it?

Someone was trying to break in to your house and the Gardaí assaulted him within 5 minutes?

I wrote that a bit arseways.
    When I was 17, I was assaulted by a policeman.
    A few years ago a man tried to break into my flat while I was in there, the police arrive in what seemed like 5 mins or less. It scared the bejesus out of me and I was grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

How about not hearing from EITHER guards nor "scumbag"? How about just going to the courts to find out if a search/arrest warrant was issued for the premises and/or individual in question? No warrant = unlawful entry. No arrest warrant = no possibility of resisting arrest hence unlawful assault.
    Very simple really.

Actually there are a number of reasons a premises can be entered lawfully without a search warrant. The law is far from simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

slurcher wrote: »
    No complaints have been prooved to be false. If someone makes a complaint, they may have a genuine concern, if they dont feel their concern was address they can pursue another complaint, its democratic.

How do you know the motivation for every complaint is genuine?
    slurcher wrote: »
    What assumptions have I made? that when a group of people are given too much power they abuse it?

You have assumed I treat the public with disrespect, that I would stitch someone up, that I would cover up for colleagues. Just read back over your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Actually there are a number of reasons a premises can be entered lawfully without a search warrant. The law is far from simple.

yea thats all lovely but in this case ten gaurds were needed and three squad cars, which could have been used to help people in real trouble.. sickening pure and simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

10 Guards?????

Why haven't these other Guards been charged with complicity?

How do you know the motivation for every complaint is genuine?

You have assumed I treat the public with disrespect, that I would stitch someone up, that I would cover up for colleagues. Just read back over your posts.

It may or may not be genuine, but its a right to be able to complain. Is there any proof of a false complaint?

If there was a false complaint made by someone trying to ruin a garda's career, then would that justify all other complaints not being taken seriously.

Not you personally - I meant that there are so many complaints 69% I think were the stats of rudeness and abuse of power. There should be something done within the garda to reduce those complaints. The gardai shouldnt be allowed to be abusive rude or threatening. There should be more training on alleviating situations that could become aggressive. It took the steven lawrence murder in Uk (i know reverting back) for the issues of racism in the force to be addressed. For years there were complaints to no avail.

that I would stitch someone up, that was a mere quip about lots of complaints being false, id already said I was being facetious.

that I would cover up for colleagues - I asked you if you would?
    If there was a situation where a collegue was really out of hand with a suspect - would you report him\her? That is what I asked.

I also asked if there was a situation that affected your community\family directly and they felt the need to protest on such an issue. Who would you defend your family\communtiy or the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

they are all grassing on each other now, all lookin to make the best deal and save their own skin, more than likely trying to put the whole ordeal around one persons neck;)

Jeez :rolleyes: Talk about an angry post bordering on the abusive, calm down. It's only a scumbag we're talking about here ;)

Did you hear he had 27 convctions?

listen man the gaurds were bad but no need to call them scumbags and those other 27 convictions of assault the gaurd probaly had was overturned!

Jeez :rolleyes: Talk about an angry post bordering on the abusive, calm down. It's only a scumbag we're talking about here ;)

Did you hear he had 27 convctions?

In dehumanising someone does it make it easier for you to justify abuse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

I bet your all perfect and flawless in your own jobs, I bet if all of these garda bashers declared what they do for a living on this forum they wouldnt be too long before being taken apart for its failures, its easy hide behind a computer and throw abuse at one profession because maybe they arrested you for drink driving and you have a gripe, maybe the gaurds seized your last computer cause you were a peadofile and you have a new one and now you want your own back, some of the posts here are valid concerns but most are pathetic and as i said before this is a live trial and in my opinion they have already been denied a fair trial, I'm not saying i support what they are alleged to have done but they deserve a fair trial and this forum is anti that!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I bet your all perfect and flawless in your own jobs, I bet if all of these garda bashers declared what they do for a living on this forum they wouldnt be too long before being taken apart for its failures, its easy hide behind a computer and throw abuse at one profession because maybe they arrested you for drink driving and you have a gripe, maybe the gaurds seized your last computer cause you were a peadofile and you have a new one and now you want your own back, some of the posts here are valid concerns but most are pathetic and as i said before this is a live trial and in my opinion they have already been denied a fair trial, I'm not saying i support what they are alleged to have done but they deserve a fair trial and this forum is anti that!!!!

Well said.

Bosco boy wrote: »

no i wasnt man but i my failures didnt result in injury, breaking and entering or abuse of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Gerone71 wrote: »
    Whoa, the Gardai have not been convicted of beating him up. For all we know the force paid the scumbag a visit and at worse gave him a verbal warning. When they left the scums mothers helped with self inflicting her sons with some wounds and wiping the blood on the walls. Then after rushing to the local spar to purchase a camera contacted their friend, the Ombudsman.
    where was this reported,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

steddyeddy wrote: »
    no i wasnt man but i my failures didnt result in injury, breaking and entering or abuse of power.
    o
    i know i am not perfect, but i do not break the law, and for that matter break a jaw either

o
    i know i am not perfect, but i do not break the law, and for that matter break a jaw either

good for you what ever you work at!

Good for you whatever you work at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Gerone71 wrote: »
    Whoa, the Gardai have not been convicted of beating him up. For all we know the force paid the scumbag a visit and at worse gave him a verbal warning. When they left the scums mothers helped with self inflicting her sons with some wounds and wiping the blood on the walls. Then after rushing to the local spar to purchase a camera contacted their friend, the Ombudsman.
    are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

the bolt wrote: »
    are you for real?

Believe it or not, many people complainants have exaggerated the Gardaí use of force, to try and bring a case against them.

Since the Gardaí are innocent, you shouldn't assume any of this is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Typical ****e you'll here from some garda, if you dare to question their actions then you surely must have something sinister to hide. :rolleyes:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Typical ****e you'll here from some garda, if you dare to question their actions then you surely must have something sinister to hide. :rolleyes:

no problem with questioning actions and as I said some valid posts but it should be left to the court while a trial is going on, not trial by posters hiding behind a keyboard with agendas!

no problem with questioning actions and as I said some valid posts but it should be left to the court while a trial is going on, not trial by posters hiding behind a keyboard with agendas!

There have been sweeping statements made on here, like anyone disagreeing with the gardai are lying, drunken, malicious dole scrounging drink driving peedos.

o

better not consider a position in the gauda then

Good for you whatever you work at!

zoologist so I would have to be doing something very wierd to do any of the above

Believe it or not, many people complainants have exaggerated the Gardaí use of force, to try and bring a case against them.

Since the Gardaí are innocent
    , you shouldn't assume any of this is true.

fyp until proven guilty

zoologist so I would have to be doing something very wierd to do any of the above

what you think of darwins theory? Could it be relevant to this thread? Why haven't zoologists stopped people from acting the ape!!!! It's all your fault!!!

• Advertisement

what you think of darwins theory? Could it be relevant to this thread? Why haven't zoologists stopped people from acting the ape!!!! It's all your fault!!!

Well im a primatologist so I would have to be a bit stupid to disagree with darwins theory!

but yea it is my fault I suppose when you really think about it!!

Advertisement