Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí to stand trial in connection with alleged assault on teenager

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

now that them four gardai have been cleared for the SECOND time do any of you want to apoligise to them for your abusive and obnoxiois coments ? or mabey you would like to apoligise to the lads from the so called rape tape which has now been shown to be tampered with ?? anyone ? didnt think so. too busy shouting just for the sake of being heard , bunch of hypocrits

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Lorcan78 wrote: »
    No one should be above the law , these pigs need to be made an example of and locked away for whatever time suitable for the crimes they have committed , they should be locked up with the general population alongside the rest of the prisoners , cause let's face it , they are one and the same and deserve to be treated like dog's ....
    , how are you able to type with your webbed together fingers ? or is that scumbag a close presonal friend (supplyer ) of yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

now that them four gardai have been cleared for the SECOND time do any of you want to apoligise to them for your abusive and obnoxiois coments ? or mabey you would like to apoligise to the lads from the so called rape tape which has now been shown to be tampered with ?? anyone ? didnt think so. too busy shouting just for the sake of being heard , bunch of hypocrits
    no to the gaffeney case ,the sts case was a storm in a tea cup never understood what the fuss was all about.just dont think the gardai should be down there in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

, how are you able to type with your webbed together fingers ? or is that scumbag a close presonal friend (supplyer ) of yours ?

Howya Guard *tips hand to head*

They mustn't do great English writing classes in Templemore eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

amdublin wrote: »
    Howya Guard *tips hand to head*

They mustn't do great English writing classes in Templemore eh?

English writing is generally done in school.

• Advertisement

Seanbeag1 wrote: »
    English writing is generally done in school.

Yeah true.

I assume they do training on Report Writing and Note Taking in Templemore. Can't imagine this lad came top of that class :cool:

amdublin wrote: »
    Yeah true.

I assume they do training on Report Writing and Note Taking in Templemore. Can't imagine this lad came top of that class :cool:

In fairness, he's not doing an exam. This is only After Hours.

In fairness, he's not doing an exam. This is only After Hours.

True.

But come on we're insulting the AH regulars by saying that his standard of prose in anyway acceptable. AH or not it's bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 slurcher

Not tampered with, read the story, unrelated material on the video camera, which was filmed by other students was deleted by the university. The recording by the gardai was not tampered with. The 'independent' ombudsman decided that the unrelated material deleted from the tape made the 40 minute recording inadmissible. The university asked the ombudsman to supervise the deletion of other recordings made by other students, but they refused.

slurcher wrote: »
    Not tampered with, read the story, unrelated material on the video camera, which was filmed by other students was deleted by the university. The recording by the gardai was not tampered with. The 'independent' ombudsman decided that the unrelated material deleted from the tape made the 40 minute recording inadmissible. The university asked the ombudsman to supervise the deletion of other recordings made by other students, but they refused.

Unrelated material? I would have thought the part leading up to it was very related. Especially as it highlights the protesters as the people who brought up rape and made a mockery of victims of sex crimes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

How a university felt they had the right to alter a tape that was part of a criminal investigation is beyond me, how they were allowed to do it by the garda ombudsman is absolutely crazy, the gardai at the centre of this allegation have been defamed and i hope they take legal action and join the university, and the ombudsman in the proceedings with those who made the false allegation. I genuinely believe that the persons responsible for altering this tape have committed a criminal offence and should be prosecuted, they could be prosecuted for fustrating a prosecution (even if it was that of the Gardai ). If the evidence on this tape was anti gardai the university would have waited for their footage. What was deleted was deleted for a reason. Heads should roll in the university!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

slurcher wrote: »
    Unrelated material? I would have thought the part leading up to it was very related. Especially as it highlights the protesters as the people who brought up rape and made a mockery of victims of sex crimes.

Small Sean, I think you read that incorrectly. The students' tape had been tampered with (some of it deleted by the university) not the Gardaí recording which was the one making a mockery of rape. Because the other tape had been fecked with the ombudsman decided the Gardaí recording was inadmissible. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So the Gaffneys are said to have cobled together their story.
    How did the 'fake' warrant turn out to be real?

Small Sean, I think you read that incorrectly. The students' tape had been tampered with (some of it deleted by the university) not the Gardaí recording which was the one making a mockery of rape. Because the other tape had been fecked with the ombudsman decided the Gardaí recording was inadmissible. :rolleyes:

As you can clearly see my username is Seanbeag, not Small Sean. Your attempt at insulting me is laughable at best.

It was the same "tape". It was actually a digital recording afaik. A number of files and part of the recording were removed before it was handed over to the Ombudsman.

If you hear a recording of me saying "I raped a woman" then it sounds pretty bad for me. If you then hear the full recording in whcih I actually say "And then he told me 'I raped a woman" it doesn't sound bad for me at all. That's what you call context.

Two Gardaí making a private joke about being called a rapist is not making a mockery of rape. It's just black humour. On the other hand, editing and publishing that tape in an effort to further your political and criminal agenda while at the same time acting as a victim is disgraceful and an affront to true victims of rape. In addition shouting "rape" at the drop of a hat is not only pathetic but it also makes life difficult for true victims who want to speak out.

EDIT: From the Examiner
    The recording, on which gardaí were alleged to have joked about raping two women arrested during the protest, was modified on four occasions on the eve of its confiscation, according to an interim report compiled by the commission.

The alterations included the deletion of six files overnight between April 13 and 14. Other files were created and overwritten on four occasions between 2.45am and 7.14am, the report said.

So the Gaffneys are said to have cobled together their story.
    How did the 'fake' warrant turn out to be real?

You don't need a warrant to enter someones home for the purpose of arresting them. I believe this was how they justified the charge of unlawful entry and tresspass. Not exactly sure what reason was given for not arresting him once they entered but I think it was something to do with the level of violent ressistance he put up which made it dangerous for them to continue their attempt. None of this is unreasonable as an explanation and obviously the jury believed it having heard all the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

easyeason3 wrote: »
    + 1.

Beatings for all I say!
    Yep a good kicking never hurt anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,855 ✭✭✭billyhead

I am sick to the teeth of the amount of Garda bashing that goes on in this forum. This lad deserved a few thumps. He was a scumbag and if he went to court for whatever offence he committed no doubt about it he would be either send to jail for a small length of time with free food, accomodation and whatever other priviledges they get their or let out on some stupid probation or suspended sentence as a result of our lax legal system. These scumbags have no respect for the Guards or normal law abiding folks. He didn't get enough slaps if you ask me. Bring back Lugs Brannigan and the likes because its the only way to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Gerone71

I agree with everything you have said SeánBeag1. There are 2 sides on this thread, those who stand up for justice like yourself and those who would like to see innocent Gardaí send down just for doing their job. Its funny the way the latter will call the Gardaí when they are in trouble themselves. I really hate these Garda haters.

Advertisement