Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardaí to stand trial in connection with alleged assault on teenager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

SDooM wrote: »
    Ah, now I get it, you're joking.

Thing is, there is a big consensus growing among alot of people about this. That is a problem. The last thing we need is 'The Rá', yet because the system is failing so many folk, this type of thought can become popular. rather than being dismissive about it, it should make us realise how people are feeling, and do something about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

IS a scumbag, so he deserved it" (which isn't even true, no one deserves to be at the mercy of another without recourse-

Well thats what scumabgs are inflicting on people every day all over the country.
    Where's the "recourse" to thier victims?
    The courts..where they're allowed out on the streets time after time and sit there smirking at the victims?
    Mountjoy..where the taxpayer pays for them to have a few months holiday perfecting thier criminal skills with people they grew up with?
    Its not working...you and nodin can ask for links and "facts" all you want but the facts speak for themselves..Crime is out of control and prison is no deterent.
    I sometimes wonder have certain people ever visited the real world..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Kernel wrote: »
    Degsy is a legend. Spot on mate.

The people want and need a Lugs approach. Current Criminal Justice System is broken. Maybe the liberals should spend some time speaking with the normal folk and see how many of them will ask for more Lugs. Liberal PC brigade have ruined this country at this stage and the right wing politics will move up in popularity as a resulting backlash.

On topic - hell, I've even spoken to people and read about people who where on the receiving end of a few Lugs Brannigan whacks, and they have nothing but admiration and respect for the man.

Some are thankful for the clip round the ear and the boot in the arse for putting them on the straight and narrow.

This is for you, and Degsy.

Replace Lugs Brannigan and AGS giving out beatings with the Provisional IRA and punishment beating, then replace our justice system with kangaroo Courts - does that take you out of your comfort zone?.

Because the former is what your advocating.

I agree that our justice system is a complete cluster fvck, but if your old enough to remember the alternative - its a no brainer.

Personally I think your living some kind of romantasized bullsh*t fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stephens770

I'd say they hate the guards because they arrest them for committing crimes and running amok antisocial style. The bastards. I mean, come on. Guards make scumbags.... Jeeeesus.

if uv read it properly i said people that think like those gards make scumbags, not gards in particular,its like saying just because someone lives in a lower class there a scumbag,thats what i mean. people that label people they dont know make scumbags,people that youd class as not a scumbag probably does more crimes than car theft,petty theiving,and assault,try put that up to the buisness men and solicitors bank managers,ripping people off money pulling scams ****ing peoples lives up,i wouldnt call them scumbags but the crimes are far worse,and cause much more drastic effect,its the people running everything that are ****ing it up,the gards,the council etc

Replace Lugs Brannigan and AGS giving out beatings with the Provisional IRA and punishment beating, then replace our justice system with kangaroo Courts - does that take you out of your comfort zone?.

I agree that our justice system is a complete cluster fvck, but if your old enough to remember the alternative - its a no brainer.

Personally I think your living some kind of romantasized bullsh*t fancy.

I know my fair share about the "alternatives" and the fact is that the current upsurge in scumbaggery is a direct result of the peace process.
    Make of that whatever you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Degsy wrote: »
    Well thats what scumabgs are inflicting on people every day all over the country.
    Where's the "recourse" to thier victims?

Rabble, rabble, rabble....
    The (.....)king...

As above.
    you and nodin can ask for links and "facts" all you want...

...on every subject, every generalisation, every presumption. Its what seperates us from a mindless supersitious lynch mob.

Wheres the link to where I stated what you claimed.....?
    but the facts speak for themselves....

And thus moving to the general, to justify the specific.
    .Crime is out of control and prison is no deterent.....

Is this a movie trailer?

'One Man Has The Answer. He is......The Blamer'

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

destroyer wrote: »

Thats what we used to have paramiltaries for.

If some kids these days had gotten a "warning" or two off the "boys" they wouldnt be racking up 30 or 40 convictions by the age of 16.
    The fact is that modern scumbags are afraid of nothing because the worst that can happen to them is a bit of time inside,alongside thier friends,families and heroes..they have whole neighbourhoods afraid to speak out for fear of reprisals and i say fcuck them...a hiding will do them the world of good,and throw them out of thier corpo housing as well.
    If they cant live like decent members of society they shouldnt be benefiting from society.

You are living in a fantasy land Degsy.
    You are implying that these "scumbags" will now behave because the guards beat them up,that they'll be afraid?
    No they'll just have a knife or a gun the next time and know they'll be left alone to do what they like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

if uv read it properly i said people that think like those gards make scumbags, not gards in particular,its like saying just because someone lives in a lower class there a scumbag,thats what i mean. people that label people they dont know make scumbags,people that youd class as not a scumbag probably does more crimes than car theft,petty theiving,and assault,try put that up to the buisness men and solicitors bank managers,ripping people off money pulling scams ****ing peoples lives up,i wouldnt call them scumbags but the crimes are far worse,and cause much more drastic effect,its the people running everything that are ****ing it up,the gards,the council etc

Yeh, but I'm telling you that I've personally spoken to people who were on the receiving end of a few clatters from Lugs Brannigan, and they are thankful for it. If you don't want to believe my anecdotes then I can direct you to books where primary sources talk about Lugs, and credit him with keeping law and order and steering them away from crime. We are talking tenement days, so disadvantaged youth ****e doesn't wash there.

That's not correct Mairt. The provos are an unlawful organisation. AGS are a lawful organisation with the mission to uphold the law and protect the peace of the ordinary law abiding people of Ireland. Guards are legally allowed to use force at certain times, as doing the job would be impossible otherwise.

We have gotten into a situation where use of force against criminals can result in guards being charged as criminals, investigated by the Ombudsman, sacked etc. etc. And all for trying to helping the weak to walk the streets without fear of molestation. Our system has neutered the law enforcement in this country. It doesn't happen on the continent, and harsher methods are required nowadays. The system has been in use since Lugs died, and it's only getting worse around the place as I can see it.

We have gotten into a situation where use of force against criminals can result in guards being charged as criminals, investigated by the Ombudsman, sacked etc. etc. And all for trying to helping the weak to walk the streets without fear of molestation.

...none of which is applicable in this particular case.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    ...none of which is applicable in this particular case.

You're trying to sound like a solicitor or something now...the barstool legal expert!
    ..how do you know so much about the "facts" of this case?
    Apart,that is from googling the names of the guards(thats how I came up with the information that the bloke had assaulted a guard...remember when you said he hadnt actually done anything?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Still waiting on a response from those who are in agreement with this beating on what the teenager did to warrant the beating.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I know my fair share about the "alternatives" and the fact is that the current upsurge in scumbaggery is a direct result of the peace process.
    Make of that whatever you will.

Ah man, I lolled at this!

You are taking the piss, right?

You're trying to sound like a solicitor or something now...the barstool legal expert!
    ..how do you know so much about the "facts" of this case?

More whining?

The broad facts as outlined don't concur with the generalised statement.
    Apart,that is from googling the names of the guards(thats how I came up with the information that the bloke had assaulted a guard...remember when you said he hadnt actually done anything?)

Where did I say that?

Where did I say "well yeah,we shouldnt judge people by thier deeds except in the case of cops beating people up".

Ah man, I lolled at this!

You are taking the piss, right?

Nope,but then you're much younger than me so i dont expect you'd be quite as knowledgeble.
    And if you think the situation is or ever was LOLworthy,you've alot more growing up to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I think that this is disgraceful. 4 Gardai should not have to stand trial for giving a person from a lower social ecconomic group an alleged hideing. It's just not right. The Gards should be able to do what ever they like.
    Do whatever they like ? Including breaking the law :confused:

• Advertisement

Nope,but then you're much younger than me so i dont expect you'd be quite as knowledgeble.
    And if you think the situation is or ever was LOLworthy,you've alot more growing up to do.

Why not cut out the personal jibes and answer the questions put to you?

Why not cut out the personal jibes and answer the questions put to you?

The bloke assaulted a cop and the cops assaulted him right back.
    It is my contention that he deserved it although the cops acted incorrectly.

The bloke assaulted a cop .

Then why wasn't he arrested and charged?
    and the cops assaulted him right back..

No, 24 hours after the incident occurred Nine (9) cops allegedly arrived, locked his oul wan in the kitchen and bate him around the place.

Where did I state "well yeah,we shouldnt judge people by thier deeds except in the case of cops beating people up". ? Thats the third time I've asked.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't think the situation was lolworthy. I think the thought that someone genuinely thinks allowing paramiltary groups to increase their position as heads of organised crime to restrict the growth of other illegal groups is a good idea pretty lol worthy. It turns a tenable argument- that there should be less restrictions on Gardai and the use on physical violence- into an untenable one dude.

Furthermore, if I had a euro for everyone who said "i have in depth knowledge about the behind the scenes stuff in the troubles" on boards, and intimated they know 'Ra heads et al, I would have approx 156 euro. It's like those threads where people go on about how the were mugged but fought off 2-4 scumbags. If it happened as much as people said, there'd be no living muggers left in Ireland.

The fact anyone even leans towards questioning the guards using a heavy hand on the scum of the country
    Are no better then that scum.

I’d say it is a great feeling to arrest a silky tracksuited scumbag. Sticking a good sharp knee in the back and a hand on the hand head to acquaint the lowlife with mr. pavement, makes you almost want to join the guards.

what about the business men,solicitors and bank managers that are the real ones ****ing up this country,with there money scams ****ing peoples lifes up,taking as much out of what there working at as they can leaving the people who cant afford it to suffer, oh no but there not lower class so wel just forget about it,you put up the upper class crimes to the lower ones put up fraud,scamming thousands,ruining peoples lifes to the car theft and petty theiving,assualt,little annoying things that do more than cost you a few quid and maybe have your head wrecked for a day or two,you ****ing ejits are riddled with a disease,IGNORENCE cant see the real problems ruining this ****hole just see the ones you want to,why because you probably got the **** kicked out of you one night for being the way you are by a bunch of 'scumbags' but the only way you can get back at them is this thread so you just say the things any thick fool that doesnt live in a council estate would say.

• Advertisement

soups05 wrote: »
    has anyone even considered that the gardi may not have hit the kid and its just a bs complaint from someone looking to sue the state.

also how do you know the kid has not been charged? the case could be with the ddp

he didnt assualt a cop, he shouted abuse the cop couldnt take it,went to his house the day after with a few others and done what he done,its not the fact that the boy abuses gards then go crying when they assault him,its a game of whos gettin who next,and the scumbag got the last laugh on this one and a few quid aswell

he didnt assualt a cop, he shouted abuse the cop couldnt take it,went to his house the day after with a few others and done what he done,its not the fact that the boy abuses gards then go crying when they assault him,its a game of whos gettin who next,and the scumbag got the last laugh on this one and a few quid aswell

Thats assuming the cops are found guilty..my money says they wont be and propere order.

TheZohan wrote: »
    And do you honestly think that three squad cars of gardai would put their careers on the line by attacking someone?

They knew who/what they were dealing with and took no chances.

yes pretty much as there only there to give there tormentors a beating ,he shouted abuse at a gard the dirtbird couldnt take it so he went around assaulted him and got caught,the other gards must have said yes well back you up ,yea right does anyone here acctually know the **** gards give each other for not sticking up or defending another cop if he does wrong,all you upper class diseased with ignorence just cant understand your as bad as the gards,its not a scumbags fault there were lower class places made and everything not made equal for everyone in the first place,people always have to judge another because they have what they want and the other person doesnt.gards are the worst scumbags iv never been in trouble and my uncles a gard ,thats how i know.

Thats assuming the cops are found guilty..my money says they wont be and propere order.

i dont want your money il just wait till it happens then reply he still got them shamed over the radio, i doubt they will walk it woudnt go this far gards get let off there and then if they are going to be,it wouldnt go this far if they werent,plus they got suspended aswell come on you should no by now innocent gards dont see the inside of a courtroom they got caught and have to face this one,and my posts arent sticking up for scumbags or gards,theres nothing like giving a gard or scumbag or even a junkie a nice kick in the teeth,refreshing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

yes pretty much as there only there to give there tormentors a beating ,he shouted abuse at a gard the dirtbird couldnt take it so he went around assaulted him and got caught,the other gards must have said yes well back you up ,yea right does anyone here acctually know the **** gards give each other for not sticking up or defending another cop if he does wrong,all you upper class diseased with ignorence just cant understand your as bad as the gards,its not a scumbags fault there were lower class places made and everything not made equal for everyone in the first place,people always have to judge another because they have what they want and the other person doesnt.gards are the worst scumbags iv never been in trouble and my uncles a gard ,thats how i know.

stephens770 seems to me to be the only person here living in the real world!
    Most people here are shockingly ignorant and full of small minded stereotypical views. I honestly do not dislike the guards. The way I look at it is, there is good and bad in all walks of life. But from what I gather off of them, when you are from Tallaght, you should not be allowed leave your area and when you do it is treated with suspicion. Ha funny really.

Week in week out the guards assault people, some deserve it some dont! In this case I cant see it going any further, not in this country anyway thats for sure!

Perhaps if you answered it without resorting to pointless, rabble rousing rhetoric and making accusations, people would stop asking.

And "why where there so many gards there? Because he had to be evil" is not an answer, it is circular logic.

If for any reason- including a fight the night before that had not been dealt with appropriately through a legal system the Gardai was obviously ignoring, as you seem to think it is- it doesn't explain why so many Gardai showed up. the fact they all decided to give this guy a hiding doesn't mean that it was right to give him a hiding, it just means they decided to give him a hiding. Regardless of whether he is a toe rag or not.

TBH dude, Nodin is giving arguments, links, figures, and backing up his claims. You're just throwing out tired rhetoric.

i think degsy is a gaurd or one of the gaurds that got caught for this

i think degsy is a gaurd or one of the gaurds that got caught for this

Yes,i'm a guard.:rolleyes:

Maybe he wanted to be a big man about it,maybe he decided to issue threats aginst the guard or his family,maybe he threatened to have him "blown away" or "cut up"..i'm speculating of course.
    So maybe the guards said "Right,the courts cant bring him under control,lets see how he likes it if one of us challenges him to a straightener in his house"
    I'm still speculating..
    So anyway,the cops call round,the bloke starts mouthing off and a scuffle breaks out,suddenly mr mouthy hasnt got the heart for a fight so he starts bleating that he's being assaulted and the mother fights the corner.
    Now,i've made all this up of course but if it did happen like that,its most certainly the bloke's fault and yes,the guards shouldve dealt with the matter through the proper channels but its only human to feel frustration occasionaly.

as if a gard would give a fair straitner,they play raided his house beat him up and got caught he was left in his house and not areested after it so your story is utter bull mate, get over your ignorence that its mostly so called GOOD people that are ****ing this country up and not the scumbags,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

EDit: actually on second thought I shouldn't give this information, find it yourself.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Still waiting on a response from those who are in agreement with this beating on what the teenager did to warrant the beating.

its obvious tho the lad was out drinking gave the gard some abuse and the gard gave him a beating seen it to many times before,most people from a council estate when ring the gards get told to sort it out themselves.how can someone know so much about a lower class estate when theyve never even lived nor even been in a lower class area,or even know someone from there.atleast live a week in an area like that then come on hear saying that.youd agree that the scumbags are out of order but the gards are even more,theres no choice but to hate them when the negative responses you get from them fair enough its probably from taking **** year after year,but youd think the gardai shiochana out of all people would have found a way to sort that out and stop this grudge against one another,for **** sake iv seen someone get off on a gun charge because the gards left the interview to eat there macaris,they left an inexperienced gard to do it and lost all hope of gaining evidence,they couldnt do there job without someone so called ratting/grassing atleast most places other than the city centre the gards have copped on and are actually sound,and this is coming from a scumbag from tallaght as i would be called by most

• Advertisement

as if a gard would give a fair straitner,they play raided his house beat him up and got caught he was left in his house and not areested after it so your story is utter bull mate, get over your ignorence that its mostly so called GOOD people that are ****ing this country up and not the scumbags,

If you read the thread, you'd note that "Degsy" has offered virtually nothing to back his case and has been comprehensively 'pwned'. He's not worth getting worked up about.

If you read the thread, you'd note that "Degsy" has offered virtually nothing to back his case and has been comprehensively 'pwned'. He's not worth getting worked up about.

At long last you've found somebody who doesnt agree with me.
    Very quiet the last few days when nobody was taking your side werent you?
    Pwned indeed...

At (....)deed...

Theres a number that don't agree with you. Your accusation that I was 'quiet' when nobody was taking my side is rather amusing, at it implies they exist. You contradict yourself.

No posts were made between 15th may and today. As it was, I felt I'd said everything nessecary.

So you have a 16 year old with 33 convictions,33 victims have been failed by the courts.
    Maybe the victims should decide..?

well 33 victims failed is the judges fault not the 16 yo,more victims would be hurt aswell if that was the case it would be to easy to manupulate someone into dropping the charges and a beating off gards isnt all that its made out to be its just theres more than 5 there when there doing it.

No posts were made between 15th may and today. As it was, I felt I'd said everything nessecary.

So what are you doing now,if you've said your piece?

Trolling or...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Nodin and Degsy, please play the ball and not the man.

there where messages on all the gards phones that took part in the hiding which stated that they acted incorrectly and had planned the attack knowing they where in the wrong,jesus why cant people just accept the fact a scumbag got mouthy took a hiding and got the gards suspended and taken to court,there guilty the evidente is there theres proof theyd planned it it had said in messages that the scumbag wasnt going to get away with what he said ,how does nobody here know that!nearly every comment on here is trying to argue with the evidence that they done it and why the lad said he got the hiding but realy didnt,the evidence is ther but theres none that the lad had been in the wrong,i suppose thats what keeps this thread going tho

there where (.....)thread going tho

That's what they're accussed of, but they aren't convicted as of yet.

(Also clearly delineated sentences with full stops and the addition of paragraphs would make your point easier to read...no offence intended.)

That's what they're accussed

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

what about the business men,solicitors and bank managers that are the real ones ****ing up this country,with there money scams ****ing peoples lifes up,taking as much out of what there working at as they can leaving the people who cant afford it to suffer, oh no but there not lower class so wel just forget about it,you put up the upper class crimes to the lower ones put up fraud,scamming thousands,ruining peoples lifes to the car theft and petty theiving,assualt,little annoying things that do more than cost you a few quid and maybe have your head wrecked for a day or two,you ****ing ejits are riddled with a disease,IGNORENCE cant see the real problems ruining this ****hole just see the ones you want to,why because you probably got the **** kicked out of you one night for being the way you are by a bunch of 'scumbags' but

My my, you say ***k more then Michael jackass.

Its a very immature post really, you dont even address the issue at hand. You've gone off on some bankers and lawyers have ruined this country tangent...whether thats true of not its not (as you would say) '***king relevant'

the only way you can get back at them is this thread so you just say the things any thick fool that doesnt live in a council estate would say.

I dont really appreciate this piece of unprovoked unpleasantness.

you ****ing ejits are riddled with a disease

Banned for personal abuse.

I think that this is disgraceful. 4 Gardai should not have to stand trial for giving a person from a lower social ecconomic group an alleged hideing. It's just not right. The Gards should be able to do what ever they like.

From Breaking news.ie
    Four gardaí will stand trial after allegedly assaulting a teenager, a court heard today.

Garda Alan Conlon, Garda Claire Delaney, Garda Eoin Murtagh and Garda Sean O’Leary, who are all based in Dublin city centre, have been charged with assault causing harm and forcible entry.

Three of the accused are also charged with false imprisonment.

The charges relate to an incident at Basin Street flats in the south inner city on February 17, 2008 where the teenager’s mother alleged her son was attacked and a complaint was later made to the Garda Ombudsman.

All four appeared briefly before Dublin District Court, where they were served with the Book of Evidence.

Judge Eamon O’Brien, who sent the defendants forward for trial at the next sitting of Dublin’s Circuit Criminal Court in June, ordered the addresses of the gardai not to be disclosed.
    You're a crazy person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

You're a crazy person.
    sarcasm

Dictionary: sar·casm (sär'kăz'əm) pron.gif

Sponsored Links
    GQ Jokes
    100s of hilarious jokes, updated every day!
    www.gqmagazine.co.uk

Home > Library > Literature & Language > Dictionary

n.
    1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
    3. The use of sarcasm. See synonyms at wit1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

sarcasm

Dictionary: sar·casm (sär'kăz'əm) pron.gif

Sponsored Links
    GQ Jokes
    100s of hilarious jokes, updated every day!
    www.gqmagazine.co.uk

Home > Library > Literature & Language > Dictionary

n.
    1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
    3. The use of sarcasm. See synonyms at wit1.

un·clearspeaker.gif (ŭn-klîr') dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif
    adj. un·clear·er, un·clear·est
    Not clearly defined; not explicit.
    unclear

c.1300, "not easy to understand," from un- (1) "not" + clear (adj.). Cf. M.Du. onclaer, Du. onklaar, Ger. unklar, O.N. uklarr, Dan. uklar, Swed. oklar. Of persons, in sense of "uncertain, doubtful," it is recorded from 1671

I like this game!

Zadkiel wrote: »
    un·clearspeaker.gif (ŭn-klîr') dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif
    adj. un·clear·er, un·clear·est
    Not clearly defined; not explicit.
    unclear

c.1300, "not easy to understand," from un- (1) "not" + clear (adj.). Cf. M.Du. onclaer, Du. onklaar, Ger. unklar, O.N. uklarr, Dan. uklar, Swed. oklar. Of persons, in sense of "uncertain, doubtful," it is recorded from 1671

I like this game!

Then you should also see Irony

Definition:

The use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning; a statement or situation where the meaning is contradicted by the appearance or presentation of the idea. Three kinds of irony are commonly recognized:
    1. Verbal irony is a trope in which the intended meaning of a statement differs from the meaning that the words appear to express.
    2. Irony of situation involves an incongruity between what is expected or intended and what actually occurs.
    3. Dramatic irony is an effect produced by a narrative in which the audience knows more about present or future circumstances than a character in the story.

• Advertisement

Degsy should have a look at the last 2 posted definitions as his arguments have elements of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xboxhead

More than likely he injured himself whilst putting up a violent struggle.
    I've seen the way these dirtbags lose the rag when they're cornered,foaming at the mouth and struggling like lunatics.
    If he'd gone quietly,he wouldnt have got hurt and if he was innocent they wouldnt have been there in the first place!!!

er nooo, there were messages in the gards fone proving he said something the night before they went around gave him a hiding ,what you just cant take the fact what evidence is there is what happened whoo a scumbag got a few gards suspended and brought to court get over it its nothing to what upper class bank managers and politicians do the scumbags arent making a mark to the **** ups and **** happening to this country over the so called good people,yous wouldnt see whats realy happening if it was being showed to you on the news,yous wouldnt know the first thing about what gards do neither iv seen so called upper class get a hiding off them for nothing most people on here havnt the slightest clue what there talking about,seriously

xboxhead banned and stephens770's ban extended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

The case is back in the news again.
    Four gardaí held a woman in the bathroom of her flat while they beat her teenage son in another room, a court heard today.

Officers Alan Conlon, Claire Delaney, Eoin Murtagh and Sean O’Leary are charged with assault causing harm, forcible entry and trespass at the inner city Dublin home on February 17 2008.

All four, who are suspended from the force, were accused of entering the Basin Street flats near St James’s Hospital on that Sunday afternoon without a warrant.

Dublin Circuit Criminal Court was told the gardaí used a baton to beat Owen Gaffney, aged 17 at the time, and kicked and punched him.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gardai-held-woman-in-flat-while-son-was-beaten-478322.html#ixzz12qdrcPXi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

1968 wrote: »

If this is true they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law... of course they are members of the gs so will probably only get a slap on the wrist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement