Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Rush/Lusk/Donabate/Skerries

Options
  • 14-05-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of info on the above area's, considering moving to one of these area's due to a relocation of OH's job and we live in Wicklow at the moment.
    We have 2 kids, one in school, one in montessori and another on the way in July. So, we don't know much about these area's and want much the same of what we have now. We have our son in a great school so we want to move to an area which have good schools and montessoris. The kids have great activities where we live such as Beavers/soccer/swimming and lots if nice places to go for walks etc. I can also walk to a shop in 10 mins and walking distance to some nice pubs & resturants, we have the train aswell and a good road to Dublin. I know the M1 is excellent and there is an actual better train service up in North Dublin.
    It's not something we want to jump into, and we want to research the area's properly. We have been checking out house prices up there and once we sold our own it's fine actually, the important factor is moving to the right place for our kids to grow up in!.
    We are a young family so it's important that we move to a nice place for the kids.
    Looking forward to the replies!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Check this similar thread for info & opinions on Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Check this similar thread for info & opinions on Skerries.

Well, I was the originator of that other thread last year when we were in the same boat as you.

We ended up choosing Skerries and love it. Close to the sea, great pubs and some good restaurants (some bad ones too), lots of activities, great people etc.

We also looked at Rush, Lusk, but didn't like the housing options, and you can't easily walk to the train station from either town. Seemed a bit rougher than Skerries too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Everywhere you go you will get your bad apples. I moved to Rush in 2006 and think its fine. You have 2 beaches plenty of shops and pubs and some nice restaurants. The train station is within walking distance also (about 15-mins walk from the town)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

billyhead wrote: »
    The train station is within walking distance also (about 15-mins walk from the town)

It is walkable on a nice summers day, try the same walk in the middle of winter getting off a train at 8 or 9 in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Donabate is smaller than Skerries or Rush but it is on the train line and is closer to Dublin (and Wicklow).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Lusk or skerries for me - Rush is a bit rough for a young family

Advertisement