Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone abroad

Options
  • 14-05-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Posted this in Mobiles but thought i might get a better ans here.

Hey guys need a little advice.

I'll be going to France for a week in a few days and really need the use of my iphone for recieving calls, texts, and sending texts mostly. Not much in the way of voice calls. All to and from Ireland. Not local numbers

I'm currently on meteor and their roaming rates in france are RIDICULOUS.

I was wondering if someone could suggest an alternative. I'll happily buy a new sim either here or abroad.

Thanks in advance
    Ritchie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Is the phone sim locked? If not you should be able to buy a sim from another operator and use that instead. Usually when I'm sent away with work I get a local sim in the country that I'm in and use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Nope the phone is factory unlocked so any GSM sim will work in it. Thats what i was thinking too, Just get a french sim and put in in. I dont read french tho so cannot check websites to see if any french networks offer good txt rates to and from ireland. I'd apprecite any help in this area particularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Afraid I don't speak French either so can't help you there.

Advertisement