Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease query

Options
  • 14-05-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I signed a lease in Feburary and i have since lost my job. Im going to move out at the end of June. If i give a months notice will i be allowed break the lease and be entitled to my deposit back. There will be 3 other people still left in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

is it a fixed term lease or are you in a part 4 tennancy ?

If its fixed term and you have signed the lease you are tied to the terms of the lease.

does the lease have a break clause in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the landlord can hold you to it - however, you don't say wha thte contract says about leaving.

However, explaint he situation to your landlord and flatmates and they might be understanding. Its your responsibility to find a suitable replacement who will pay the full rent - otherwise, you may have to subsidise them.

Advertisement