Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Seeds

Options
  • 14-05-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

http://www.surfseeds.com/

If you watched the Dragons Den, like i did.. you'll have seen one guy coming in with a packaged seed snack. He ended up getting the money he wanted from one of the dragons..

Anyway, i was just in an Apple garage getting lunch and i saw them there and said "hey, why fcuking not? It'll be like tasting Television".

And to my suprise, they're really good?! anyone else tried them? I hate seeds and siht, im amazed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Bought a pack of them to nibble on while studying and I really liked them. Only problem is that I'd love to see the nutritional information for them so I've an idea of exactly what it is I'm eating. Offered some to my mum while we were watching tv and she really likes them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I was looking for that sort of information myself, nothing on their website. But its mainly plain sunflower seeds so it can't be too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Got this on their website -
    Surf Seeds comes in three delicious varieties:
    • Original – A mix of sunflower seeds and Belgian chocolate coated sunflower seeds
    • Pumpkin Mix – This mix comprises pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, and chocolate
    covered sunflower seeds
    • Blueberry – This fantastic mix includes wild organic dried Canadian blueberries, all naturally sweetened with nothing added.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Surf Seeds are incredibly brilliantly brilliant! They only seem to be available in Apple Green petrol stations though. They're so good I get €47.30 worth of petrol so I can get some surf seeds for an even €50. What they should do though is get rid of the fancy packaging and sell them for cheaper. I'd still buy them if I had to shovel them into my pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I got some in Insomnia a few weeks ago. I didn't realise they had chocolate in them, takes away from the healthy snack idea. And the ones I had were also a bit chewy. The best part is the packaging, they are handy for taking shots from when I am sitting in traffic. My favourite seeds at the moment are these Good 4 U smart seeds chilli flavour. Nyom :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Seeds are chewy by their very nature. But they could do with a few less chocolate coated ones. You only need a few per handful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I've looked everywhere for the blueberry ones. I was hoping that someone might point me in the direction to a place that sells the blueberry ones. I have had the chocolate ones but was hoping to get the others.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Miss No Name

I love sunflower seeds anyhow. Great for snaking on or throwing into a salad or when baking brown bread. I don't see the point in buying expensive packaged, sugar and chocolated altered ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

They look great and are a great idea....but they're not suitable for vegetarians!!:mad:
    They contain gelatin, I'm guessing in the coloured chocolate coating or something.
    I tink it would be a good idea to make them suitable, you know how us vegetarians are with our seeds and healthy stuff:rolleyes: But, seriously, I'm really surprised they arent!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

I bought a pack myself the other day, something to chew while driving instead of chewing on a bag of guilt! (trying to lose the spare tire)

Then I notice it's got chocolate in it but they don't mention this on the front - Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds.

I also noticed that there is quite a lot of chocolate in the form of yellow & green 'seeds'! Now I know chocolate in it's purest form is not too bad but how come they don't declare nutritional values on the carton.

They do state 75% Pumpkin seeds and 25% Sunflower seeds then chocolate and the rest but no percentages (maybe cause they ran out of percentages i.e. 75% + 25% = 100% so there's nothing left in the equation to be allocated for the rest of the stuff)

Ok, Rant over But....!

CS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dpb7

hey ever since trying em i've been hooked on them too - i know what your sayin about is the chocolate necessary but its only such a small amount (the choc isnt solid - its only sunflower seeds with a thin choc coating) and it makes it easier to eat a decent amount of seeds i find, i've pretty much cut out all my chocolate-bar snacking now and go straight to surf seeds so its defo healthier if you do that.

the nutritional info is available on surfseeds.com btw - theyve decent amount of protein and calories tho suppose thats expected with seeds - its the fact that most of any fat in it is unsaturated rather than saturated thats the healthy thing. nd u can order those blueberry ones from the site too - reckon they cost a bit more thats why they're not in shops yet. some sweet surfing vids on the site btw. also see there from a google they have a new facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Surf-Seeds/126530906426?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I paid 3.50 for a pack today, thought this quite dear, is this the normal price, i would like to see some without chocolate too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

That is expensive for them. I pay €2.69 in the local petrol station. I think the fact that they have a bit of chocolate in them makes them taste that bit more sweety which for all of us with a sweet tooth gives us a somewhat healthier alternative to chocolate bars or biscuits.

There is a lot more in them than it looks like to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Tried my first pack today, and I must say they taste great! Awesome as a healthier snacking choice...

On the downside, €2.99 a pack is waaaaay overpriced in my opinion. Might as well buy a bag of sunflower seeds and melt a bit of natural chocolate, and for a fraction of the price!

Advertisement