Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disposable Digital Camera

• 14-05-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All

Looking to see if any of ye know where to get your hands on these ?
    Which ones are good etc ?
    Ive tracked down this
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=1046&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=3136

But dont want the hassle (if pos) of getting them "put on to disk" would like a "memory card version" so I could edit them at my own leisure.Id be looking for around 15/20 of these as there for a wedding ,just want to go one step better than the disposable film versions left on the tables !

Thanks !

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It would seem that it is not a Digital Camera.

From the Kodak FAQ
    This easy-to-use camera gives you digital pictures and traditional, high-quality prints. The camera contains premium KODAK MAX Versatility Plus Film and an EKTANAR Lens so you can take great pictures, indoors and outdoors, with the convenience of a single use camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Daz R1 wrote: »

But dont want the hassle (if pos) of getting them "put on to disk" would like a "memory card version" so I could edit them at my own leisure.

Whats wrong with editing them from the CD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

I don't think a digital camera with a removable memory card qualifies as "disposable".

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

charybdisI don't think a digital camera with a removable memory card qualifies as "disposable".

I know :D but thats the kinda thing im looking for ,doesnt Have to be a removable memory card !!!
    CabanSailIt would seem that it is not a Digital Camera.

I know ,it gives you prints and a CD,and Tallon I would prefer just to have the ability to hook it up to the PC and edit myself ..... Just funny like that i guess ;) know what i mean :confused:

As I said If its not possible then i'll either go with the bog standard disposable film or the one ive linked in my first post ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

The point im making is you can just put the CD into the PC and edit them, the EXACT same way you would if it was a memory card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Tallon wrote: »
    The point im making is you can just put the CD into the PC and edit them, the EXACT same way you would if it was a memory card

Except of course the OP will have paid to have the photos developed and scanned to CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

hmnnnnn..... not quite the idea but the lowest cost digitals from this list would be about €32 (excluding the first one). I have no idea of quality - i suspect not great. I mean some disposables will give reasonable results which when scanned at high resolution will give quality that can be worked with for a larger project (book, album, etc..)

But you could chance one of the €30 ones - use them for the purpose of the wedding and flog them for €20 each on eBay a week later with their memory downloaded and wiped.

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

nilhg wrote: »
    Except of course the OP will have paid to have the photos developed and scanned to CD.

Exactly what i was going to say ;)

So its either the one for €32 (thanks Ancatdubh) with 3mp and then try flog it on ebay after ? OR go for the film and print/CD version ?? Would I be wrong in thinking this would be a better quality ?? And yes I know I'm not going to get a 10ft print off of any of these :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

This thread is ridiculous! Sorry OP!

Firstly that camera you linked isn't a single use digital camera as mentioned, it's just a standard disposable film camera. If you pick up a disposable camera in the €2 shop, you will also be able to have that developed to CD.

Also I suspect the quality from a standard disposable camera (maybe not the €2 ones!), when processed and scanned to CD would be much better than a really cheap digital camera. In fact the cameras which most of the guests will have on their phones would probably be better.

And finally, the basic concept of a "disposable digital camera" is just ludicrous! If the technology is in it to take and record the image, there is no reason not to allow the memory to be re-written.

Enjoy the big day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Just checked out reviews of the cheap digital camera mentioned above, and maybe it's not as bad as I'd have suspected... some mixed reviews. Might be worth picking up the one to check it out. Note that it only has 16MB internal memory so you'd need to get SD memory cards too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

well nearly all your guests will have digital cameras with them,thats a given so why not just provide a few polaroid popo printers so they can have a bit of craic and print them out on the spot,
    buy a couple of decent pens,an album and left them make a scrapbook on the day,your bound to get some good shots a funny comments- the photos are adhesive so it'd be dead easy!

http://www.polaroid.com/pogo/us/

Advertisement