Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 firmware update

• 14-05-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

Just thought this place is as good as any to post up the news that a new firmware update (2.76) is available for download as we speak.

It seems to do nothing particularly exciting other then fixing "playback" issues in legacy titles (PS2, PS1).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭acidburn51737

Thanks for the info. Updating right now and here i thought something good will come out of this update lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Checking trophies is meant to be near instantaneous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭acidburn51737

Well its still not lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Download taking a while. Anyone noticed any change with the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

Two video files that caused "unsupported data" now play for me.. well, the video now plays but the sound is silent. I never looked at the avi files to see what video or sound format they contain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

Yeah it seemed a pretty pointless update to me, cost me 10 minutes of valuable playing time... Supposedly there is meant to be a big update around the time of E3. Hopefully with cross-game chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Hope this fixes the ps1 and ps2 games, because there was a terrible slowness about them:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Was on today and when i went to a freind on my list i was able to invite him to a game he wasnt even playing.

Advertisement