Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children of the gods - final cut & SGA - Fan choice bluray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

boobies?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Boobage has been specifically removed, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What a waste of time.

Would these ***** ever stop indulging their own film student fetishes and just give us something with some quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

So they're going all Lucas on it? Cutting out what made it good, ie. boobies and hey I'm not being immature here, but wtf is the point in censoring yourself when you're making a straight-to-dvd movie that wont be picked at by a TV censor?

They're basically just adding new special effects and padding it out with deleted footage to pass it off as a movie and make a quick buck. I find it hard to swallow that anything cut from a TV series pilot would have any redeeming qualities so I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

robby^5 wrote: »
    wtf is the point in censoring yourself when you're making a straight-to-dvd movie that wont be picked at by a TV censor?

Because the producers themselves were always against that scene and the only reason it was included was because Showtime forced them to include something that they considered an audience grabber. That scene was never their work. They are not censoring themselves but correcting the error of others.

Im not necessarily for the re-release of this episode however I will give it a chance there is no point commenting on how good/bad it will be before giving it a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

I remember buying the original and watching it with my parents,then that scene came along.Awkward!

When Apophis got his snake out?

Yeah, that was gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i have every ep of SG-1 on dvd, except this one, i have a copy that a buddy got me, but i think ill buy this, also need to get continuum, and season 5 of atlantis, then ill have it all:D

so its out anywho.

This gateworld article does a good job of explaining whats been cut (Boobies, "Reproductive Organs", 2-way wormholes and Ring Transport gliders etc) and added some new scenes, a remastered score of music, much better establishing shots and visuals, and Teal'c has re-dubbed 100% of his lines - finally making him sound like the badass he is by the time he develops the character years later, instead of the soft spoken Mr. Spock douche he was at the start.

It does a good job of explaining these cuts, and the additions. In fact, they placated me on the boobage. Ill just have to keep the video clip on file i guess :p

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/07/review-stargate-sg-1-children-of-the-gods-final-cut/

So I did the unthinkable, and bought this. For money. Legally.

Huh.

Anyway I recommend it. You get whats on the tin: Its the pilot episode done right. Runs very well imo. They seem to add quite a bit in. Stuff that was either re-filmed recently or was leftover footage, like an entire scene with at Jack's house with Daniel and him having a beer. They also cut it down a bit too so yes it does run a few minutes shorter. Still, totally better than the original.

They looped over the MacGuiver jibe though. Damn them :p She just says "jerry-rig" instead now.

Ill get into the commentary later. With RDA no less. probably good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

this sounds like a really silly idea

what does

edit: RDAs commentary was gas in places

Overheal wrote: »
    what does

edit: RDAs commentary was gas in places

Go on.

ah you know. hes just the way he is. lots of wit in the commentaries. Why should i spoil them?

as for your previous
    Would these ***** ever stop indulging their own film student fetishes and just give us something with some quality.

I honestly attest they have, here.

go on. rent it, buy it, steal it (im not seeding it), but give it a lash at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i liked the way they replaced the glider with a hatak and some other nice little changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Gareth-W-A

Ill get into the commentary later. With RDA no less. probably good.

This would probably be the main reason i would buy this!

Anyone wanna give me a lend?

I dont wanna seed it, lest the Publisher make a National News Example of my $9/hr keister. and im in no range to lend.

You actually hear RDA laugh in the commentary too. Only then do you realise, he never once lol'd in the show. Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Gareth-W-A

I dont wanna seed it, lest the Publisher make a National News Example of my $9/hr keister. and im in no range to lend.

You actually hear RDA laugh in the commentary too. Only then do you realise, he never once lol'd in the show. Hmm.

I've now made it my life goal to find a scene where RDA lols!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Happyrocks

I've got the box set of season 4 for sale on adverts.ie if anyones interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Watched it this morning, and i really enjoyed it.

It runs a lot smoother and better put together than the original, especially with the set up shots and the music sounds fantastic.

Worth a watch at least.

Advertisement