Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election posters

Options
  • 14-05-2009 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Seen anything funny done to them around town? I saw this on my travels yesterday:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The McFadden woman got a moustache at the sports centre roundabout. I have no picture though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Seen anything funny done to them around town? I saw this on my travels yesterday:

haha!!!

it wasn't me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

One particular Counilors posters are dominating Moate as usual . I would call it VULGAR at this stage, What a waste of money. He must have half the rainforest used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Jebus, I dont think any part of Athlone is safe from the horrors of Election posters. Such a waste. I've been told that Leitrim Co Co have actually banned election posters and so the place is poster free. Something I wish Westmeath Co Co would adopt. They are unsightly and uneccessary.

If the candaites have done anything worthwhile or of note they wouldnt need to have their fake smiles plastered all over the place.

As for the door to door callers. I normally enjoy a bit of banter with them just to see how they handle themselves. One candidate in particular, every question I asked got the same reply ... "well if you check my website you'll see what I stand for" ... To be honest I dont think he even knew what was on his website!

And dont get me started on flyers!!! I have a sign on my letterbox, No Junk Mail/Leaflets/Flyers. It appears that none of the candaites can read. Doesnt inspire much confidence in them!!!

Rant over .... for now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 redvictoria

Anyone seen whelan's council yellow horsebox in moate - wonder where he got the paint. another perk of the job. Pity they dont put in the same effort when theres not an election on. Does anyone question the maturity of these people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

haven't seen any real funny ones, other than dodgy looking councillors. If the smile's not too fake, it looks like they were held at gunpoint to have their picture taken. Was planning a few stickers myself...... :P

But the bloody posters are everywhere, and the ones that look like traffic warnings really piss me off.

Have been talking to a few doing the door rounds. Not impressed by any single one so far, all round about answers, no firm direct answer to questions. And if I hear someone say more amenities for kids i'll go mental.
    Q. What do you mean by more amenities, what do you propose exactly.
    A. More amenities so the kids aren't hanging around the streets.

Just ................ cut the political bull**** and give me a direct answer.
    And the ones playing the "there's no woman in the council" card, I have no time for you. Get elected on your own merits not your sex ffs.

Allllllllso... less bloody teachers running for political seats.

Advertisement