Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Video editing software??

Options
  • 14-05-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Guys

I have a Panasonic HDC-HS9 HD video camera, what's the best editing software to use with this cam. The HD Writer software that comes with the camera is rubbish. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Depends what you want to do with it. Some of the cheaper consumer products are great if you dont want to do anything too fancy, Sony Vegas in particular id recommend. Theres probably cheaper solutions again but it really all depends on what you want to do with the footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pdaly92

Sony Vegas is pretty good!! (I'd agree with that!) if not, adobe have some video editing software packages that are worth a look. If you're just looking for a basic package for quick editing windows movie maker is free on windows computers!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I've tried just about every free video editing software (except that Sony one) and I eventually gave up. Just spent €100 on Adobe Premiere Elements and I think it was absolutely well worth it. It's so easy to use that I'm editing way faster than I ever did on iMovie, Final Cut Pro or any other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Clomers

Premier pro is not a bad way to go... its a step up form iMove or windows movie maker which are rubbish if your doing anything serious, alternately if you can afford it Final cut pro is hard to beat. you can do so much within the program and there are plenty of tools that you can use to give your videos that professional look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Try Corel X2 VideoStudio (formerly Ulead)
    Fully functional trial download from their site. Its really easy to use and lots of nice prerendered fx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Dr Cockroach

thanks for the heads up guys, another question is the file size is huge and takes for ever on 2GB dual core machine to move about, may be i should change the resolution i shoot in cos hd is not a big deal at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Baunie

Adobe premiere pro is the best video editing software there is. Used by professionals and it does a good job. Anything else, thumbs down mate.

Advertisement