Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Inter-railing reservations

• 14-05-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

My problem is this. I've got my interrail ticket and wanted to reserve my first couple of journeys (which are due to take place next week!), and I found out that Irish rail have a number you can call to do this - except that when I called them, they will not reserve the direct train I want from Barcelona to Montpellier - my only option is to take 2 trains instead for this journey, the second of which seems to be the original train I want to get straight from Barcelona in the first place, and basically adding an unessessary extra hour onto my journey! It seemed to be a classic case of 'computer says no' by the lady I was speaking to.:mad:

So does anyone have any ideas where I can reserve this before I leave? I'm pretty sure I can do it in Barcelona when I get there, and I have no problem paying supplements on international high speed trains - I just need to know where I can book them! What makes it more complicated is that I want to get a connecting train straight after the intial train to get me from Montpellier to Nice, and I'm not sure if I can book this train in Spain if it is departing and arriving in France! I'm so stressed about this, if someone could please help me! I'm also planning on traveling from Nice to Florence on high speed trains, and also from Florence to Ljubljana, and I want to be able to book the trains I want in the easiest possible manner (if at all possible!):confused:

Advertisement