Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriate Content

Options
  • 14-05-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

Please click on the link below and tell me that it doesnt belong in the "Sex and Sexuality" forum.

Firstly, I have been told before when posting about intimate body piercings that it had to be done in the "Sex & Sexaulity" forum because young people use this site and it may offend...now look at the content of this thread in the "Personal Issues" forum. As if asking about another womens ability to orgasm is "Personal" but thats another matter..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564195

:confused:

More blatant double standards by Mods...in fact, I have just checked, it was the same Mod...what a joke.

Secondly, I have got banned (along with another poster) for nothing.."Unhelpful Posting"...I see "Unhelpful" posts in every single thread. This is nonsense..:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Have you read the PI Forum Charter?

Are you aware of how strictly it is modded and that if you do not make a helpful comment which is on topic then you risk being banned.
    With that title I just had to open it up...:)

That is an off topic, unhelpful, useless comment which added absolutely nothing to the thread.

Ban stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Have you read the PI Forum Charter?

Are you aware of how strictly it is modded and that if you do not make a helpful comment which is on topic then you risk being banned.

That is an off topic, unhelpful, useless comment which added absolutely nothing to the thread.

Ban stands.

Are you seriously saying that all threads are free of posts that are off topic, unhelpful, useless and add nothing to the thread...

What about the first and more important part of my post? Did you ignore that on purpose?You are quickly losing credibilty.

That has nothing to do with the price of turnips.

You were posting in PI.
    Therefore you were under the PI Charter Rules.

That has nothing to do with the price of turnips.

You were posting in PI.
    Therefore you were under the PI Charter Rules.

What is shows is the blatant double standards amongst Mods and you are ignoring it.

They/you are very quick to get on the high horse and start preaching about Chater Rules etc but when blatant and downright double standards are shown up..well speak to the hand.

Are you now saying that if I wish to discuss this aspect it has to be done seperately under a new thread?

I have no idea where you think there is a double standard.
    There isn't one.

This issue is very black and white.
    You blatantly broke the PI rules.
    There's no grey area here.

• Advertisement

I have no idea where you think there is a double standard.
    There isn't one.

This issue is very black and white.
    You blatantly broke the PI rules.
    There's no grey area here.

Ok I'll try again.

Fine I am banned for a week. I do not agree with the "blatant" aspect of it. This implies I did so on purpose. End of story

My main point hence the title "Inappropriate Content" is this:-

1. I was told last May that I could not post descriptions about intimate piercings as the site has young posters and some graphic terms etc would be inappropriate so it would have to be done in the Sex & Sexuality forum. No problem I understood that completely and duly complied.

2. Now the same Mod (I am 99.9% sure of this) has allowed a fairly sexually graphic thread to develop in the Personal Issue forum re female orgasms and squirting to develop...

3. Now my fairly basic point is..how the Mod or the site generally can reconcile these two positions?

4. I am objecting to the content of that tread due to its explicit nature. It begs the question what exactly is in the "Sex & Sexuality" forum.

Of course I am not in a position to report it now.

So you see my issue is not so much with being banned but being banned by a Mod who got very high and mighty about piercings last year but yet sees nothing wrong with this thread...now there is the double standard and I also believe that there is an element of sexism involved when taking other dealings with the Mod into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Now my fairly basic point is..how the Mod or the site generally can reconcile these two positions?
    Personal Issues is for discussing problems of a personal nature.

Sex & Sexuality is for discussing items of a sexual nature, which are usually sexually graphic.

Because Sex & Sexuality is not available to unregistered users, people with personal issues of a sexual nature are permitted to use PI to discuss the problem.

Positions reconciled.

seamus wrote: »
    Personal Issues is for discussing problems of a personal nature.

Sex & Sexuality is for discussing items of a sexual nature, which are usually sexually graphic.

Because Sex & Sexuality is not available to unregistered users, people with personal issues of a sexual nature are permitted to use PI to discuss the problem.

Positions reconciled.

You are having a laugh...do really expect me or anyone else to take what you have just posted seriously.

Did you even read the thread I am referring to?

Is that thread (now answer this when you actually get around to reading it and perhaps look up the definition of "reconcile" while you are it) not sexually explicit therefore belongs in the Sex & Sexuality forum?

You have written complete nonsense in an attempt to defend the indefensible. At least it has cheered me up.

The explanation seamus has just given is correct.

Did you just wander into PI for the first time today?

The explanation seamus has just given is correct.

Did you just wander into PI for the first time today?

You are completely missing my point or else conveniently ignoring it. I have been in PI many times and posted there. I am not prudish but I do see blatant double standards from a Mod who is well known for being, shall we say, 'sensitive' when she preceives 'womens' issues are being made light of.

How can the Mod regard a discussion about intimate piercings as belonging in the Sex & Sexuality Forum but yet a sexually graphic discussion on female orgasms belongs in PI where young posters can view (the excuse I was given last year).

No amount of claptrap about charters or word play will disguise this nonsense.

Both of you cannot answer this and I note the Mod in question also cannot answer this or rebuke this double standard. You have resorted to the usual herd mentaility to try and defend the indefensible.

My point has been made and you are not going to admit you are wrong so there is really nothing else to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You are having a laugh...do really expect me or anyone else to take what you have just posted seriously.
    Can you actually not see the difference between, "Wanting to discuss piercings" and "Looking for help with a personal problem", or are you deliberately trying to waste our time?

Since in my conversations with you, you've revealed that you are not in fact a complete idiot, I'm going to assume that the latter is true and I'm not going to bother explaining it again. Your first point is dealt with. There's no double standard here and I can provide a number of links of similar content being discussed on PI for both men and women.

Advertisement