Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Trek Legacy - Xbox360

• 14-05-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

Anyone played this game? I just got it, I know it received lukewarm reviews, but it plays so badly that I'm not sure I'm playing it right. Ships move very slowly, I can never tell where any of the other ships are without looking at the 2D map, targeting is impossible... is there a knack, or does it get better as the ships get upgraded?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It has a steep learning curve in some levels but its quite enjoyable. Stick with it and you will get the hang of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

bought it 2nd hand, played it traded it in within 24 hours. terrible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Stick with it and you will get the hang of it.

I hope so. I get bored quickly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I really liked it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is it similar to the starfleet command series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I quite enjoyed this. It's tricky to get the hang of the controls, but I remember playing it a good bit when it was launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Also, no cheats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I found it like a really bad version of Homeworld or similar. I like my RTS, spacey type games and I like Star Trek (i know, i know) but this game was total pants, and I went back with it a few days later. The guy in Game gave me a full swap on it and as he said "I knew you'd be back, it's rubbish"

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Its not great, but its not terrible.

If you wanna fly around in space blowing spaceships up to pass the time during the drought.or until like, Operation Flashpoint:D

Then its cheap and worth the few bob.

Advertisement