Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cappuccino slices recipe ?

• 14-05-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,
    I recently had cappuccino slices and presumed i would find a recipe for them online. Unfortunately i cant find any.
    They were coffee sponge base, with coffee flavoured icing.Very moreish!!
    Any help would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

You could make this one...care of Odlums. Leave out the walnuts if you don't like. You could substitute Irel Coffee essence if you want the coffee flavour without the caffeine.

Mnyom. Don't blame me if you eat it all!

Coffee and Walnut Traybake
    Ingredients

• 300g/11oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
    • 1 level teaspoon Baking Powder
    • 225g/8oz soft Margarine
    • 225g/8oz Caster Sugar
    • 4 Eggs
    • 3 teaspoons Instant Coffee dissolved in 2 tablespoons Hot Water
    • 100g packet of chopped Walnuts
    For the icing

• 50g/2oz Butter (melted)
    • 2 teaspoons Instant Coffee, dissolved in 2 tablespoons Hot Water
    • 225g/8oz Icing Sugar
    For Decoration

• Walnut Halves
    Method

1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a swiss roll tin or roasting tin 26cms x 16cms/10” x 6” with greaseproof paper.
    2. Put all the ingredients for the cake into a large mixing bowl. Beat well.
    3. Transfer to the prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
    4. Remove from tin and place on a wire tray to cool.
    5. Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the ingredients together. Allow to cool and begin to ‘set’.
    6. When traybake is completely cold spread the icing on the top and decorate with the walnut halves.
    Note: Keeps for about 5 days in an airtight container. Cake also freezes well but do not ice until defrosted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 molly24

Thanks very much, will be trying them tomorrow.

Advertisement