Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E:60 The Ultimate Fighter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Maybe I'm missing something but what's disappointing about the video? Seemed pretty fair to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something but what's disappointing about the video? Seemed pretty fair to me.

It was badly researched. It also seems E60 has gone to pot recently as seem to be towing their respective subject's company line. The recent WWE was horrible as E60 got played like a fiddle.

- Dana wasnt the one who changed the rules nor did he come up with the idea for TUF
    - Why are they focusing on a old feud between Tito & Dana and not airing Dana giving the factual account of what happened? Basically UFC insurance company would allow UFC to pay for Tito's surgery due Tito being less than truthful?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

rovert wrote: »
    - Dana wasnt the one who changed the rules nor did he come up with the idea for TUF
    The 'new' UFC changing the rules is a common misconception and doesn't really matter all that much. Dana & co did clean up the image of the sport and brought the UFC back to life. If Dana didn't come up with the TUF idea then who did? Some member of staff or maybe Spike? Again, it's no big difference. Overall the video protrayed the sport reasonably accurate, and Dana looks the same in it as he always does, i.e. a d^ck who's entertaining to watch.

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    The 'new' UFC changing the rules is a common misconception and doesn't really matter all that much. Dana & co did clean up the image of the sport and brought the UFC back to life. If Dana didn't come up with the TUF idea then who did? Some member of staff or maybe Spike? Again, it's no big difference. Overall the video protrayed the sport reasonably accurate, and Dana looks the same in it as he always does, i.e. a d^ck who's entertaining to watch.

E:60's historically speaking have a GREAT reputation and is known for being the programme sports & media movers and shakers watch. They got that by being known for researching subjects months & months in advance. They scored a few own goals getting the simplistic and basic facts wrong.

The person who is credited with TUF is "someone inside the UFC" not it definitely wasn’t Dana. Dana came across a degree worse then he should to Joe Public by how E60 edited his comments about Tito.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Nothing new there really!
    Dana comes across as a brash arse, but i'd say he's ok in person-he's brought the UFC far but his way will hold the company back from getting to the top networks..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Goose81

Its gona be funny in the end,when Dane White gets ****ed over by the Fertittas when they decide to make it alot more mainstream and ditch him.

A bit of karma after hes ****ed so many others over.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Nothing new there really!
    Dana comes across as a brash arse, but i'd say he's ok in person-he's brought the UFC far but his way will hold the company back from getting to the top networks..

HBO has been after UFC for years now and so has the major networks like CBS I don’t think that’s the case exactly. It is more the case getting on one of those networks and having another Dana calling people ******s type outburst which could result in a backlash which would get them kicked off and people boycotting brands who sponsor them.
    Goose81 wrote: »
    Its gona be funny in the end,when Dane White gets ****ed over by the Fertittas when they decide to make it alot more mainstream and ditch him.

A bit of karma after hes ****ed so many others over.

Dana as this video points out has a 10% stake so it won’t be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

To be fair people love to hate guys like Dana white, a rich loudmouth who shoots right from the hip! The man is trying to run a high end business, he cant keep everyone happy!! He has done a lot of great things for the sport.. Ive met him a few times and hes always stopped and chatted for a while etc etc, i also had long chats with Mike goldberg and a few fighters, im sure hes pissed off a lot of people over the past few years but he is good to his fighters and fans etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

When will this be shown on ESPN America on Sky or was it already shown??

Advertisement