Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small buggy/pushchairs

Options
  • 14-05-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

]Hi
    [Can anyone give me names of pushchairs/ buggies which will fit into small hatchback (polo).
    Budget dictates that i’ll be buying a 2nd hand buggy so names of any older models would be great. Preferably suitable from birth[

I know the quinny buzz seems to fold very small but even 2nd hand ones of these are quite expensive ]
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

you cant go wrong with a mcclaren!!! they are lightweight and they fold easilly!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 horsenut

Thanks FS,

forgot about mclarens, they were reccommended to me before! duh! must be the pregnancy hormones!

there are alot of mclaren models, do they all fold small? have visions of me ringing advert vendors asking "and how small do they fold" 100 times over!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

haha.. yeah that baby brain will get you everytime!!! :D yeah as far as i know they are all pretty small and leightweight... and are suitable from birth aswell just get a good footmuff to keep baby nice and cosy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭evogirl

you cant go wrong with a mcclaren!!! they are lightweight and they fold easilly!!!:)

+1
    Theres a model that is suitable from birth. Its called the techno i think,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

The Quinny Buzz doesn't fold small at all, it's very wide even when folded.

That said, it fitted fine in the boot of my small car (an Opel Corsa)... albeit on its side with the wheels popped off.

The Quinny Zapp folds up very small indeed (fits in the footwell of most cars) and it suitable from birth if you use a Maxi Cosi Group 0 car seat on the chassis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If budget is a problem, can I suggest this, Century Travel System.

I had a Quinny Buzz and had a hard time getting it into and out of my car with baby (had to keep popping wheels on and off, taking chassis off cos baby was facing me AND then folding buggy!! So I went looking for a new buggy, not necessarily a travel system as I already have a group 0+ car seat to do me. I was looking at a MacLaren (I had budget issues too and was looking to spend no more than 150€). I went to Mothercare and found a McLaren (think it was the Techno). Had a look in Argos and found this, with the car seat it's 98€. My LO loves it. She can use the carseat and the pushchair as it reclines. It also comes in pink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 horsenut

thanks a mil for your replies. I'm obviously mixing up the model names of the quinny. it was the zapp i was refering to. either way, they are priced out of my budget. the century one looks really good, thanks adrienne. I'll check this out and the mclaren as options. think there are some mclaren second hand ones out there, will start looking for century too.

trouble is, i was given a travel system (2nd hand one) once i made the "big" announcement. its lovely (spotless condition) and a sturdy off roader that will handle the country lanes i live in. BUT it doesnt fit in the boot!! soooo annoying. it just about fits through the front door, it ginormus. i suspect will be heavy too once baby gets bigger! so, want to get myself organised!

thx again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Have a McClaren and honestly it's perfect if you're looking for a small buggy for a bigger child. For very young babies, I'd recommend looking into slings. Comfortable for you and the baby.

Advertisement