Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop Won't Boot, Black Screen of Death?

Options
  • 14-05-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Bought a new Acer Aspire 6930G from Amazon.co.uk last week and it arrived today. It worked fine at first, I downloaded all my usual programs, Messenger, Skype, iTunes etc.
    I put in my backup disc from iTunes on my old laptop so I could transfer all my music to the new one, but it froze after 72 songs were transferred so I decided to cancel it and restart the laptop. At this point several windows updates had been automatically downloaded so wehn I shut off the laptop it installed them away itself. When I came back later to turn it back on, I got a screen saying windows failed to start and I got the option to launch startup repair or start windows normally. Chose to repair, but was told it cant find any problems and shut itself off. So next time I just chose start normally.
    I get the screen with the green bar going across with microsoft corporation written under it, but when it finishes that I just get a black screen, no pointer or anything just plain black.

Now since this has literally been out of the box less than 5 hours I didnt create a backup disc for the OS yet, so does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
    I dont know anything about BIOS or anything so if people give me suggestion about this or something else, please be patient with me if I dont understand it and get it right the first time.

Any help greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: Sorry if I'm in the wrong location, mods feel free to move it if I am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Actually nevermind, I figured out I could do a system restore, didnt work the first time but it did the second so alls fine now.

Advertisement