Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

german sausage

• 14-05-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

hi guys got german sausages in lidls. there just two big ones buit come in a kind of wrapper with silver clamp at the top and bottom. they say there cooked but how do i heat them or what do i do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

what ever way suits you but remember to do it over slow heat. i have BBQ those ones before and they were ok. I prefer to cook from raw and keep all those juices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

do i need to take them out of the wrapper thing there in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

blahblah06 wrote: »
    I would, it might impart flavours unless it specifically says to leave it in there I would presume it should be out. I know the german salami company frankfurters used to say to open the pack at least 20 or 30mins before boiling, I think the vaccum did something and they might otherwise explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

yes I would

have to say im really suprised how nice these were

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They generally are pretty nice. What did you do with them in the end?

lol i just boiled them and put mine in between a hot dog bun and gave the other one to the doggy needless to say we loved them and i bought more today LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Glad to hear that they came out nicely when you cooked them. As you have seen on the package, they are already cooked, so don't neccesarily need heating. In Germany this type of sausage is mostly eaten as cold meat, in slices on sandwiches, or cut up in a salad or something. I was very happy to find this sausage in Lidl myself, as I wasn't able to get it anywhere else.

Oh and I'm actually not too sure about the casing the sausages come in, but I always "peel" them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

lol i just boiled them and put mine in between a hot dog bun and gave the other one to the doggy needless to say we loved them and i bought more today LOL.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You gave good human food to the dog??????!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement