Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Race Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

An Irish girl helped develop and test Lips for the Xbox 360. She gave an interview on Major Nelson's podcast, doesn't mean it's partly Irish. Are there any Irish game development companies? I know of Goa Games at the end of Cork Street but they're mobile games, any Xbox, PS3 or Wii?

As for the game, it's a nice idea but I don't know how much I would care racing against real world competitors. Whenever I play a racing game I never cared who I was racing against, just as long as I come first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There's already games at it out there - Live For Speed, Race 07, GTR Evolution and iRacing. All feature tournaments and are often used by real life professionals. Adrian Sutil took part in a charity event in GTR Evolution in January - Link. Forgot how to refuel :D

Though the taking real time info on tracks is an interesting step.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ferra

Well, of course the game feature wont technically be Irish, since its a German company....
    all I wanted to point is that even though the Irish Game industry is virtually non-existing doesnt mean there arent any Irish engaged with it

I know about Havok, quite famous actually (though middleware), and I also heard about a company engaged in browser MMOG called Jolt

Advertisement