Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring and buy sale??? Poultry or what??

Options
  • 14-05-2009 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Bring and Buy sale on in ballymore eustace this sunday? Anyone have any info on that? Is it poultry or what? Also is the poultry bring and buy sale on in Carlow this sunday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Overboard

Hi Does anybody know when there are any Bring And Buy Poultry Sales coming up in the Leinster area?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SecretGarden

Overboard wrote: »
    Hi Does anybody know when there are any Bring And Buy Poultry Sales coming up in the Leinster area?

There is a Bring & Buy Sale in Myshall this coming Sunday. It is possible to get occasional good stock there but there's a tendancy to have birds of questionable breeding.

It is good fun to go and have a look at what is available, it's also a good way of meeting other people like ourselves and exchanging experiences.

However, I'm more inclined to approach breeders directly for what I want. I can see their setup and the quality of the birds I'm are buying by viewing their parents.

SG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Wouldn't go near that place in Ballymore, talking about the shop itself not the people who bring animals there.

If the Carlow place is a pet farm and the one I'm thinking about I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole either. Have't mentioned any names so think it's ok to say this. Budgies dying at bottom of aviary over crowded, small animal section filthy and dark. Went there years ago and was deeply upset, the larger animals seem to be ok but the smaller ones ..
    Reported it to spca doubt anything was done at the time.

No idea what it's like now, I was so disgusted with the state of it that I will never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Overboard

Only just back on line but i did happen to go the one in Myshall on Sunday anyway. If nothing else it's a great way to pass a few hours and the kids had a great time. I met the guy who owns Portlaoise Equestrian Centre and he told me he's going to run one there next month. Should be ok as there's plenty of parking and an indoor arena if the weather gets Irish.

Advertisement