Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genuine Polo Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts €30

• 14-05-2009 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this has already been posted but I was walking through the Ilac Centre earlier and went into Direct Sports where i seen Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts for €30, i inquired if they were genuine for that price and i was informed that they were totally 100% genuine (i even checked it against one i already have bought in Macy's in Boston before and it's exactly the same)

They are new but some of them looked a bit "shop soiled" from lying in a shop for too long hence the cheap price but i picked up a stripe one which looked fine,you would pay the best part of €80/90 in Brown Thomas,etc for these so IMO this is a great bargain.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Darwin

Nice find. You can also pick up clearance items at the official outlet store in Kildare just off the M7, although it's the luck of the draw with regard to styles and sizes. I bought up two long sleeve shirts, one for 20 another for 30, so some good deals to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Darwin wrote: »
    Nice find. You can also pick up clearance items at the official outlet store in Kildare just off the M7, although it's the luck of the draw with regard to styles and sizes. I bought up two long sleeve shirts, one for 20 another for 30, so some good deals to be had.

Oh right i didn't know Ralph Lauren had an official outlet store here cheers for the heads up i must check that place out sometime. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Unlikely that they're genuine. Shops have to be licensed to sell Polo stuff (afaik it's only BTs and Louis Copeland that are licensed in Dublin).
    Some of the fakes are very good so it can be hard to tell the difference

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'll second that kildare outlet place.
    Picked up a few polo's for €30 loads of colours and sizes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

jonny68 wrote: »
    Dunno if this has already been posted but I was walking through the Ilac Centre earlier and went into Direct Sports where i seen Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts for €30, i inquired if they were genuine for that price ....

Why no sir, I bought them off a pikey that informed me they fell of the back of a truck, but this was not before these were all hand made by two year olds in Asia!

What did you expect him to reply!? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Unlikely that they're genuine. Shops have to be licensed to sell Polo stuff (afaik it's only BTs and Louis Copeland that are licensed in Dublin).
    Some of the fakes are very good so it can be hard to tell the difference

They are totally genuine mate, i checked the detail very finely with the one i bought in Boston when i was there on holiday and they are exactly the same,House Of Fraser also sell Polo Ralph Lauren as do a good few other smaller shops around the country.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

jonny68 wrote: »
    They are totally genuine mate, i checked the detail very finely with the one i bought in Boston when i was there on holiday and they are exactly the same,House Of Fraser also sell Polo Ralph Lauren as do a good few other smaller shops around the country.:)

Did you check the buttons? They are normally the giveaway with fakes.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fruity

i find ebay pretty good for tips on how to spot a fake. hope this link works http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-spot-fake-Ralph-Lauren-Polo-shirts_W0QQugidZ10000000003609546

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hey OP,
    I know loads of shops that sell Ralph Lauren gear.
    Best, McKenna Man, Saville, Gentelmans Quarters off the top of my head
    Not all in Dublin but it is not limited like some people think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

It's my understanding that there are different lines of RL cothing available
    through different sales channels. With the high end stuff only available
    from the higher end stores here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polo_Ralph_Lauren#Brands

• Advertisement
Advertisement