Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prescription

Options
  • 14-05-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

I have my pup a few months. I have been using a type of anti parasite medication that vet prescribed but its quite pricey. I can buy it online for almost one third of vet's price but i need a prescription. Will my vet charge me for writing a prescription? How many repeats could i get for the medication as i need it every month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

It depends on your Vet. We used to write them for free for regular customers. Usually a 6 month prescription if it was repeated every month. Some Vets charge, some don't so best to ring up your Vet and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is it a specific medication for mange mites or something?

If it's just for preventing or treating fleas and preventing other insect nasties then you don't need a prescription for something like Advocate, costs around 7 euro ish for one treatment which lasts 4 weeks but usually a bit longer.

Advertisement