Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Fix - please help

Options
  • 14-05-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

i have a mid terrace house and the chimney "doesnt work"!

the problem means i cannot light a fire.

if i do light a fire, it fills the neighbours living room(directly next door!) with smoke. i also get some smoke in my own living room.

its like there is something directing the smoke back down their chimney. they likewise cannot light their fire...for similar reasons...

does anyone know what the problem is and how i can fix it or get it fixed?
    is it lack of draft, blockage, building problem etc....

i have only lit the fire once by the way...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

http://csai.ie/

Find the guy nearest you and get a survey!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

As joe cliff said get an expert to look at it but dont worry even if its cracked provided its not very seriously cracked you can have a new liner put in. Its done quite easy and should cost no more than 500/600 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Arddon

cheers - just been on that site but nobody too near...

when you say expert, what/who do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Well if its chimney repair look under chimney repairs but most good gas installers can actually fit flexiable flue ehich is fire proof!

Just type in Chimney repairs Dublin, I just did loads come up.

Advertisement