Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LaTouche Hotel?

Options
  • 14-05-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

What's the latest on the site? Is it still in the hands of the bank? Where did the Hayden's dissapear off to? Will the future of the site be an issue in the upcomming elections? Thoughts? Insight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

its such a shame to see the beautiful old building falling to rack and ruin - i think its a great idea to start asking the politicians about it.... last i heard they couldnt do anything with it as the front part of it is under a preservation order...

no idea where the haydens went but im sure theyd be back if they thought it was worth making a profit from.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I got told somewhere that the sea had made the foundations unsafe..
    Probably no truth in it... but yeah huge shame seeing it empty..

Wont be long before the local artists get in there, and probably bring their fire bug mates along for the buzz...:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I got told somewhere that the sea had made the foundations unsafe..
    Probably no truth in it... but yeah huge shame seeing it empty..

Wont be long before the local artists get in there, and probably bring their fire bug mates along for the buzz...:(

Its been set on fire before and its full of Graffiti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JAYG

There was a long story about it in the Wicklow times a couple of weeks ago.
    Apparantly becuase the building is listed the amount of restrictions on renovating have put everyone off. The story said that even the small rotten window frames by the entrance are protected and cannot be touched.
    It said the only was anything can be done with it is for it to be left to such a state it is classed as dangerous and then they can knock it down.
    It said there was no way the building would be delisted so there isnt much hope for it.
    Maybe if the marina is finished there might be a market for someone to do it up following the rules of the preservation orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

http://www.braypeople.ie/news/legal-proceedings-are-under-way-in-high-court-hotel-owner-hit-with--claim-for-2-million-1036131.html

Not sure if it's actually gone to the high court though. Tommy Haydn is living in spain now, or so I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JAYG

Ah it doesnt need renovating. Their website says there is 10% off for internet bookings at the moment and the facilities look great :D
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~latouche/default.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

JAYG wrote: »
    Ah it doesnt need renovating. Their website says there is 10% off for internet bookings at the moment and the facilities look great :D
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~latouche/default.htm

Classic! :D

Seriously though, how did it come to the state it's in now. That place should have cleaned up during the boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Mr Hayden is not in Spain. It's a disgrace that such a landmark should have been left to deteriorate so badly. He can't get his money back on it now because of the way property has gone. He didn't do his homework when he bought it and didn't realise the restrictions that go with developing such a landmark.It should be donated to the state before it falls down.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

I have been on to our local rep Mr Behan about it and in fairness to him he writes to me every now and then, the problem is that the company that owns the hotel is in receivership - actioned by the banks no doubt and that getting any form of corresp going with the receiver is not easy.

It may be taken in under the derelict building act 1990 but as the owner is now a Bank/receiver these proceedings are harder to make against the previous mentioned owner who is no more in receivership.

My two cents......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

Such a shame with so many skilled labourers out of work and this great building on the brink of collapse. It's sad that the days are gone when a community would band together to tackle their own problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

sagat wrote: »
    It's sad that the days are gone when a community would band together to tackle their own problems.

If the building was handed back to the community, or the profits from sale were giving for public use then Im sure you'd have plenty of people joining in. But to work on a project for someone elses gain just doesnt seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

im curious as to what everyone who posted here thoughts are on People who check out abandoned buildings

i for one would love to check out this place and take pics.. not to damage it or draw on it ..but for the pictures alone

iv been to a few hotels over ireland and i really wanna check this one out since i live close by .. i tried getting in before but some old lady caught me trying to get in through her garden :/

i know the laws say im tresspassing im well aware of that..so dont go screaming on how im being a prick or whatever

im just curious on your thoughts

have you caught people trying to get in or got any stories relating to the hotel?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

im curious as to what everyone who posted here thoughts are on People who check out abandoned buildings

i for one would love to check out this place and take pics.. not to damage it or draw on it ..but for the pictures alone

iv been to a few hotels over ireland and i really wanna check this one out since i live close by .. i tried getting in before but some old lady caught me trying to get in through her garden :/

i know the laws say im tresspassing im well aware of that..so dont go screaming on how im being a prick or whatever

im just curious on your thoughts

have you caught people trying to get in or got any stories relating to the hotel?

Wouldnt Recomend This As it is Right Beside the Cop Shop!

Id love to see Pics thow so if ya get in be Careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Was reading on a photgraphy forum about being stopped in privatly own deralict buildings by the police. The said once they had a half decent SLR round their necks they'd explain that they were doing an art project, and were let off.

Just be careful inside these places, rotting staircases etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

thats my excuse if im caught

i have 2 camera's .. a sony DSC and a Fujifilm s9600 ..and if i am caught i say were doing some sort of Art project for such AND such college

dude
    there are pics already of the La Touche hotel .. you should check urbanexploration.ie .. they have pics up.. i THINK you have to register to see them i dont know

anyhoo

the thing is .. my dad plays cricket with a dude who shares space with the hotel so i could just ask him.. but as of late hes been hard to contact
    its typical right..when you NEED someone ..there not around

Advertisement