Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Camera Bag

• 14-05-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi guys i bought myself an olympus e 410 about 2 weeks ago and am looking to buy a good camera bag. It should be able to hold the camera + lens and a few bits and bobs. Any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Wow - how long is a piece of string? lol :D

Try working backwards!

How much money can you afford to spend (< €100, < €500?)

Once you've figured out that, browse through the offerings on Amazon in your price range. That'll help you figure out what "style" of bag you'd prefer, i.e. backpack, sholder bag or belt type.

Once you've narrowed down your options, head to your nearest camera shop, Conns, Gunns, Jessops etc, and try them out! For example the Lowepro Slingshot is a great, handy little bag, but maybe too small for you? You really need to see these "up-close".

You can then ask on here to see if anyone else is using the same bag, and have a check on adverts, as there is usually a bag or two on there.

Personally, I can highly recommend Lowepro stuff. I have a Computrekker (holds a lot of gear, plus a laptop), and I've an Off-Trail 2 (which is great for hikes).

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

mrmac wrote: »

Personally, I can highly recommend Lowepro stuff. I have a Computrekker (holds a lot of gear, plus a laptop), and I've an Off-Trail 2 (which is great for hikes).

HTH

Id agree ,Ive the Computrekker and very happy with it ,but might get a smaller bag as well as most of the time i dont need all my lenses with me ,and again it is cost ! but bear this in mind your going out to spend a lot of money on a camera so dont head to lidl and ask for a carrer bag ,if ya know what i mean ;):D

PS: Got my bag on ebay for around €80 yoyo's plus p&p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Lowepro seem to be the job ok. I got mini-trekker A.W and it fits my 40d with 70-200f2,8, 17-85, 55-250, flash, 400d and filters. (I dont usually carry both 70-200 and 55-250) But can if I need to. there are a few pockets for other bits and pieces and it also has integrated tripod holder.

Have wore the bag on a few day trips and found it comfortable.

Advertisement