Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Challenge: Lets Win Every Single Winnable Trophy.

Options
  • 14-05-2009 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

Right, seeing as this forum has been very quiet lately, I've come up with an idea to liven things up a little. Basically, between all of us posters on here, we're going to win every competition in the game together, before FM 2010 comes out in October.

Heres how I'm proposing it works, and I know everyone has their own ideas on such things, but please give my idea a shot before knocking it down, because the problem I've been finding with alot of initiatives is that we come up with something and then after hours of debate the original idea is completely lost, the online league was a big one I thought.

Ok so:

Anyone who is interested in participating should post and say so, preferably no maybes, or if I'm not too busy studying, those things just get in the way. From there, I'll go to random.org and generate a number between 1 and 51, that will generate the country your club/national team is from.

Then, I'll do the same with the clubs and countries in that nation. Ie. for England itd be between 1 and 161. From there you get a team, that is the team you've to win the competition with, you can't move clubs, and you can't resign or be sacked. If you are, you've to start again.

From there, I'll calculate the amount of competitions you could possibly win without getting relegated, and give them numbers between say 1 and 21. That'll be the competition you've to win.

So hypothetically, I could get say, Sparta Prague, win the Champions League which would be a very hard one, or Man United win the League Cup which would be a much easier one. But between the lot of us, the idea is to win everything. Obviously, the more people that enter the more chance we have of getting it done, and I'll make sure not to duplicate competitions (hence the randomisation of it all or we'd only get people picking a select few trophies), if someone doesn't post back within 2 weeks with their progress though, that competition will be back available, as it will be assumed they've given up.

So is anyone with me on this? If so, put your name in the thread and I'll give us all our challenges to go ahead with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Yep put me down for this. Just back from exams and a long lay off from FM. This could reinvigorate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Class, as soon as we get a few more people in, I'll assign everyone teams and competitions, just to make sure its not just us 2 doing Billy No Mates against the world:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Count me in

as long as you rig it so I get a decent team

I'm assuming just get everyone a screen shot to prove it?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Count me in

as long as you rig it so I get a decent team

I'm assuming just get everyone a screen shot to prove it?

Yeah, just a screenshot of the league table or final of the competition you're in.

DSB wrote: »
    Yeah, just a screenshot of the league table or final of the competition you're in.

Ok so random number to decide the nation.
    Random number to decide the club.
    Then how do you decide what trophy you have to win? Random number again?

• Advertisement

Ok so random number to decide the nation.
    Random number to decide the club.
    Then how do you decide what trophy you have to win? Random number again?

Exactly.

Exactly.

Cool beans.
    When you thinking of kicking it off?

Cool beans.
    When you thinking of kicking it off?

I was going to wait til a few people got involved, but seeing as this forum isn't the busiest at the moment, maybe something interesting going on already, will be the exact thing we need, gimme 5 minutes to randomise the leagues, and then start games in the leagues, to make sure I have all the possible winnable competitions. I'll make a new thread for the challenges, and keep this one for discussion.

I was going to wait til a few people got involved, but seeing as this forum isn't the busiest at the moment, maybe something interesting going on already, will be the exact thing we need, gimme 5 minutes to randomise the leagues, and then start games in the leagues, to make sure I have all the possible winnable competitions. I'll make a new thread for the challenges, and keep this one for discussion.

No rush man! I was just wondering :D

Is the plan to assign everyone a task, or just list them all and have people go at them as the pick?

No rush man! I was just wondering :D

Is the plan to assign everyone a task, or just list them all and have people go at them as the pick?

I was gonna say assign everyone a task, otherwise we'll have about a hundred Premierships won, and no lower league wins or people taking clubs from the lower divisions to the top, which is what challenges are made of. Would you agree?

• Advertisement

I was gonna say assign everyone a task, otherwise we'll have about a hundred Premierships won, and no lower league wins or people taking clubs from the lower divisions to the top, which is what challenges are made of. Would you agree?

Yeah cool man, makes sense.

No point in making a new thread just for the 3 of us just yet:

So far:
    Ard Scoil Ris: Dunarea Giurgiu - Romanian First League
    Frisbee: Pau FC - French National
    DSB: IBV - Icelandic Premier Division

Are people still into this, after seeing the kind of teams and challenges that can come out?

No point in making a new thread just for the 3 of us just yet:

So far:

Are people still into this, after seeing the kind of teams and challenges that can come out?

Some real glamour ties there.... :pac:
    Is it the 'French National' I have to win with them?

Yup, that one involves going up a division first to win it I think.

Yup, that one involves going up a division first to win it I think.

Yeah unfortunately so.
    Having looked at that task now I don't know if I could stick it out or not.
    I'll give it a go, but I can't promise I won't get bored and just stop playing... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

if this isn't an online thing then i'll give it a go. I can't promise i'll spend a massive amount of time at it though.

i will say i'm also pretty poor at LLM. usually don't have the patience for it... :o

i will say i'm also pretty poor at LLM. usually don't have the patience for it... :o

Exactly my problem

I can't seem to find Pau in the game, can anyone else play/find them?
    Set to a large database aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Chalk me down for this. Will give two weekly updates over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Okie dokie I'll start mine now. Is our aim to win the League so?

• Advertisement

if this isn't an online thing then i'll give it a go. I can't promise i'll spend a massive amount of time at it though.

Its not online, don't worry.

Okie dokie I'll start mine now. Is our aim to win the League so?

Yup, just the league thats marked down, don't have to win anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I'd be up for doing this - my only problem would be that i cant set the database to large as my laptop cant handle it. Bad enough really on the normal. You reckon I will still be able to do this?

So far:
    leninbenjamin: Aalst - Belgian Premier Division
    kippy: Partick Thistle - Scottish First Division

leninbenjamin and kippy added.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I'd be up for doing this - my only problem would be that i cant set the database to large as my laptop cant handle it. Bad enough really on the normal. You reckon I will still be able to do this?

Definitely, you'd only essentially need the league you're managing in, anything else is just a bonus really.

So far:
    p_larkin99: New England Revolution - MLS

p-larkin 99 added.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Definitely, you'd only essentially need the league you're managing in, anything else is just a bonus really.

awaits team and league. be good to me :pac:

Cool, so i just have to win the league with them? if so, piece of piss imo :)

I've loaded the game twice now and searched for them in my Arsenal game but I can't find Pau Fc anywhere, it won't even let me manage below the National league?!

Any ideas?

Turns out the CFA is only viewable and not playable, my bad, sorry. I'll do you another one now.

• Advertisement

So far:
    Frisbee: Lokomotiv Moscow - EURO Cup
    p_larkin99: New England Revolution - MLS

Advertisement